Should i get a pedal commander?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I don’t have one and don’t plan on getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should. It really makes the truck easier to drive and less stress on your joints. It’s not all about using it for speed. On the right setting it can help fuel mileage and take less effort to get going. JMHO

- The Blue Mule

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I like the idea of it. Dumb question though, what does it do to your gas mileage? Obviously, it is driving habit dependent. But is there any other adverse effect on gas mileage? I already don't get the advertised mileage.
It didn't affect my mileage one way or the other (I don't use the Eco mode). What does affect my mpg is keeping my rpm's a bit above 2000 with the gear buttons. But, that's a topic for a different thread.

mason mank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If ya don’t have a Pedal Commander your not in the cool kids club. It’ll make ya smile! Warning::::::::: Whiplash possible

- The Blue Mule

Definitely this with the whiplash until you find the right setting to match your driving style. Will also most likely cause your rear tires to lose grip on dry pavement by complete accident. Oops.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the biggest issue - matching it to driving style. Just for S&G this morning, I set it to Sport. Could hardly get out of the gravel driveway without spinning tires. Made it to the main road, then put in into City mode and drove the rest of the way into work. All I can say is meh. Once I adjust to it, I drive the same and just press the pedal less. Again, does what it says but too much money for my use.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That's the biggest issue - matching it to driving style. Just for S&G this morning, I set it to Sport. Could hardly get out of the gravel driveway without spinning tires. Made it to the main road, then put in into City mode and drove the rest of the way into work. All I can say is meh. Once I adjust to it, I drive the same and just press the pedal less. Again, does what it says but too much money for my use.

@Wahrsuul pm me if ya wanna sell it.

- The Blue Mule

Patrick Vaughan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew Cab 4x4 Blacked Out
Engine
HEMI 5.7L Sport
I love PC-I could instantly feel difference-for the cost, I think it’s worth it. I was using city plus 2 but recently went up to city plus 3 and maybe it’s me, but I swear it was like driving a different truck. I recommend it, for 200-250, worth the investment-from my understanding, it will throw a code if you shift between eco, city, sport, sport plus while driving but you can go up four or down four in those settings and are find, though I typically don’t just to be safe, I only change when in park.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get her something nice too lol

Your RAM would use the PC31 listed here
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23645471-2...ottle-response-controller-pc31-bluetooth.html
Make sure to use discount code PC5 to get a discount and FREE shipping!

Thank you! I will need to order her a drop in air filter for her 2018 Dodge Charger V6. She had the engine replaced about a month ago. They replaced the drop in with a factory when they changed the engine. She said it seems sluggish with the new engine and factory air filter since she got it back.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you! I will need to order her a drop in air filter for her 2018 Dodge Charger V6. She had the engine replaced about a month ago. They replaced the drop in with a factory when they changed the engine. She said it seems sluggish with the new engine and factory air filter since she got it back.

We can help you out with that. I recommend an AEM panel filter, unless you want to explore options for cold air intakes?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MidTnRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Was actually meant to be completely sarcastic. Its good to see this forum also has its fair share of internet tough guy warriors who know best. I bow down to your greatness.
Geez...that didn't require an explanation. Some people are really slow!

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We can help you out with that. I recommend an AEM panel filter, unless you want to explore options for cold air intakes?

I thought about a CAI, as long as it's not as much of a pain to install as the S&B was on my truck!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought about a CAI, as long as it's not as much of a pain to install as the S&B was on my truck!

We have some really nice options from Airaid. One is a full CAI, the other replaces the panel filter housing with a larger conical filter and a nice heat shield. Basically same as the CAI but without the pipe going to the throttle body.

Message me if you would like to go over pricing