Side step recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
Ive been super happy with my westin nerf steps. I dont have those exact ones I have the HDX Xtreme drop nerf steps but Westin makes a good product

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’ve got the Westin running boards, not the same thing but they work really well I’m happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Out of those options I recommend the Westin HDX. We have sold a bunch of them and feedback has been all positive. Let us know if you would like a quote on anything, we can get you taken care of. Just send me a message

OP
OP
Glenn54

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Nick. I received the Westin HDX side steps today. Guys, check with Nick@GotExhaust if you're in need of accessories for your truck. His website did not show any sidesteps but he actually had them in stock. They were shipped quickly.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know what brand the factory powered running boards are?
Please don't say "Mopar"; but if you do say "Mopar" then who (sub-contractor) sourced it?

My understanding is that the Ram Box, the spray-on bed-liner, the powered boards, etc are all sent out to be done, by subcontractor(s), a little bit down the road from the factory. Not the factory-proper.

The reason I ask if we can identify the origins of the powered factory running boards is I didn't get them from the factory and now I want them. BUT... to maximize compatibility and minimize the law of unintended consequences (and "Murphy"), and not have some installer do extraneous drilling of my frame, I was hoping to get "factory" powered boards as an "aftermarket" addition.

(2020 1500 Laramie Crew Cab Ram Box short bed (5'7") 4x4 btw...)

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got the Westin HDX Drop Steps on my 4th Gen and love them. They look awesome, get tons of compliments and are very functional.

I've had them now into my 4th Canadian winter with all the salt that comes with it and no issues with rust. I get them sprayed when I get my truck rust done with the Corrosion Free Rustproofing.

I was originally getting the ICI's because the HDX Drop Steps had not come to market; were only being shown at the truck shows. I decided to wait until the HDX Drop Steps became available because of reading reviews on the forums from ICI owners complaining of rust.

There have been a couple of HDX Drop Step owners also complaining of rust but I've never had a problem with them. If you live in a winter climate with salt & brine on the roads you've got to spray the backs of them steps and brackets with some form of rust spray (Rust Check, Krown, Corrosion Free or Fluid Film) or you're asking for trouble. I've done that and no issues with mine.

13gHpnA.jpg
HIwDPI8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank