SILENCE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ErnieBoling

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a video showing a "Tap test" between a deadened door and non, but I can't upload videos here. The difference is dramatic though.

OP
OP
ErnieBoling

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Did you remove any of the factory CLV before adding yours?

Went right over top of it. In the pics you can see the outline of the existing under my new. It is outlined because I made sure to bond mine tightly to theirs to make sure it didn't create a bright spot.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went right over top of it. In the pics you can see the outline of the existing under my new. It is outlined because I made sure to bond mine tightly to theirs to make sure it didn't create a bright spot.

Thanks!

Was going to start mine this weekend, then someone hit my truck...ugh.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
****. Hope all is well. No major injuries and such.

Everyone seems OK. Happened Friday night so waiting a few days before we declare all good.

Truck needs a little bit of work, have to wait for insurance companies.

sumgruuvz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice work, Ernie. I know once I get to do mine, I get to go through all the headache of taking it all out and putting it all back together. ffs! lol

OP
OP
ErnieBoling

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nice work, Ernie. I know once I get to do mine, I get to go through all the headache of taking it all out and putting it all back together. ffs! lol

Thank you. You know, I was fairly intimidated at the start. But it really wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, it is work, but I made it out in my head to be more than it actually was once I started. I must say, for the most part, I was extremely impressed with the way our trucks are assembled, the way they tear down, and the way they go back together. Sure there were areas where there could have been improvements, but they have to find the balance between build quality, cost and weight/fuel efficiency. All and all I would score the trucks as a 9/10. The doors were a good example. They way everything is assembled, it was simple to tear down once I figured it out, and you have 100% access to the entire door skin. The old trucks just had small openings to work through.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I finally got around to installing my new door handle, I also finally got around to adding some deadening to the door. Took about 1.5 sheets of KnoKnoise Kolossus, split into small pieces, for the door skin. The rest of the 2nd sheet I used on the carrier panel.

A tip - if you are looking for butyl tape in a hurry, Home Depot sells it as sealant for metal roofing. Its cheap, too! https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fabral-1-4-in-x-40-ft-Butyl-Rubber-Sealant-Tape-40BT/207149821

Not all stores have it, but mine did. I used a few lengths of it rolled into one to fill a lot of the gap between the impact bar and the door skin. The factory filled maybe half of it with spray foam but the rest of it was just a big gap. Doing the tap test before and after filling most of the gap, it definitely made a difference.

OP
OP
ErnieBoling

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Since I finally got around to installing my new door handle, I also finally got around to adding some deadening to the door. Took about 1.5 sheets of KnoKnoise Kolossus, split into small pieces, for the door skin. The rest of the 2nd sheet I used on the carrier panel.

A tip - if you are looking for butyl tape in a hurry, Home Depot sells it as sealant for metal roofing. Its cheap, too! https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fabral-1-4-in-x-40-ft-Butyl-Rubber-Sealant-Tape-40BT/207149821

Not all stores have it, but mine did. I used a few lengths of it rolled into one to fill a lot of the gap between the impact bar and the door skin. The factory filled maybe half of it with spray foam but the rest of it was just a big gap. Doing the tap test before and after filling most of the gap, it definitely made a difference.

Finally finished my entire cab and all four doors, and did my buddies rear cab and four doors. Amazing the difference it makes.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
me would just reach over and turn the volume up on the radio that is a lot of work but a well done one

Murph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep. Happened to me. Plus it gave off a bad tar smell when it got hot and gave passengers a terrible headache or nauseous feeling. I took it off after two days and man was it a PITA mess. I will never use anything other than dynamat or its equivalent. I tried to save a few bucks and damn I ended up doing all the work twice.
Just keep your eyes peeled because of read stories of it actually sliding off. Not very nice and will ruin your interior.