Single aux switch for off-road lights on Randy Ellis bar - any ideas for something that looks factory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art Baker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am mounting 4 BD IP4's on a Randy Ellis bar...need a single switch in the interior to turn them on and off on a 22 PW (Level 3)...any ideas on switches that match the interior? Don't think I will need the 5/6 switches from a switchpros or the factory aux switches (though they seem to be next to impossible to install)....any factory option switches I am missing that I could purchase and re-purpose? Any ideas appreciated as I am somewhat OCD in trying to make it look factory!

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have been looking for upfitter switched myself but the best thing I have found is the Auxbeam switches/buttons, looks good and looks to be a nice total package.
Never know when you might want more than one switch.

Auxbeam 6 Gang Switch Panel Automatic Dimmable LED On-Off Car Switch Panel Electronic Relay System Circuit Control Box LED Touch Switch Box Universal for Truck ATV UTV Boat Marine SUV Car-Green Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L7M498...t_i_QJYFSC3VF7W1QP3N41A0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am mounting 4 BD IP4's on a Randy Ellis bar...need a single switch in the interior to turn them on and off on a 22 PW (Level 3)...any ideas on switches that match the interior? Don't think I will need the 5/6 switches from a switchpros or the factory aux switches (though they seem to be next to impossible to install)....any factory option switches I am missing that I could purchase and re-purpose? Any ideas appreciated as I am somewhat OCD in trying to make it look factory!
Well im gonna assume you dont have the oem upfitter/auxiliary switches then? Cant they be added fairly easily? That would give you the most factory looking setup available.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a guy showing how he added the factory auxiliary switches to his truck…

OP
OP
A

Art Baker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a guy showing how he added the factory auxiliary switches to his truck…

Whatched the video...unfortunately, all the stuff on the diesel is not on the PW...did get an email back from 4wheelelectronics that they are working on putting a kit together for the '19-22 PW to add the aux switches and a relay box under the hood...hope they get it available soon!

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Whatched the video...unfortunately, all the stuff on the diesel is not on the PW...did get an email back from 4wheelelectronics that they are working on putting a kit together for the '19-22 PW to add the aux switches and a relay box under the hood...hope they get it available soon!
That would be sweet.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The auxiliary switches are an option on the power wagon, so not sure why you cant just buy the proper switches for your truck just like the guy did for his cummins.

Edit: apparently the auxiliary switches are NOT an option on the power wagon anymore.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Do you have the 3 Homelink garage door opener buttons and not using them all? I used them to turn on my remote controlled aux relay harness that operates my aux tank fuel pump.
I bought the remote light harness that comes with a FOB too on Amazon for cheap. You then train the Homelink button with the FOB following the truck's directions in the owners manual.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did a aux beam. Works great but I do run more than just one light. Just remember you are just thinking of one extra light but deep down you will add more later.

Attachments

• 20220205_171543.jpg
    20220205_171543.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 24

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The auxiliary switches are an option on the power wagon, so not sure why you cant just buy the proper switches for your truck just like the guy did for his cummins.
They are not an option. I tried to get them with mine. I would have gotten them if I could.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are not an option. I tried to get them with mine. I would have gotten them if I could.
Are you frikin kidding? Thats the dumbest **** i have ever heard. “Yea lets make an off road purpose built truck, that people will be adding all sorts of accessories to, but lets not offer our oem auxiliary switches for it. Yea, that makes complete sense…lets do that”.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Are you frikin kidding? Thats the dumbest **** i have ever heard. “Yea lets make an off road purpose built truck, that people will be adding all sorts of accessories to, but lets not offer our oem auxiliary switches for it. Yea, that makes complete sense…lets do that”.
Yup. it's pretty fkin stupid. It's something to do with the wiring harness. They blame it on all the additional electronic functions like lockers, winch, and sway bar disconnect. Claim there's not enough room or something to add the aux switches stock.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup. it's pretty fkin stupid. It's something to do with the wiring harness. They blame it on all the additional electronic functions like lockers, winch, and sway bar disconnect. Claim there's not enough room or something to add the aux switches stock.
From looking at most pw’s online, this is what the majority of the buttons look like under the 12” screen…

32821D0A-780B-413F-8258-CA1E6ACFDB69.jpeg

If so, all you have to do is buy the auxiliary switch setup that has those buttons above it…that is, if its even available.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
From looking at most pw’s online, this is what the majority of the buttons look like under the 12” screen…

View attachment 489163

If so, all you have to do is buy the auxiliary switch setup that has those buttons above it…that is, if its even available.
Regardless of the switch panel fits makes no difference when the wiring harness does not support it. I'd suggest you & OP look at a wiring schematic before suggesting & wasting money.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Regardless of the switch panel fits makes no difference when the wiring harness does not support it. I'd suggest you & OP look at a wiring schematic before suggesting & wasting money.
Correct. The wiring harness won't work with it. Some people have done it granted but it's not easy or cheap by the sounds of things.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Correct. The wiring harness won't work with it. Some people have done it granted but it's not easy or cheap by the sounds of things.
Well no, but its just like the guy had to do in the video i posted above…buy all the necessary wiring and switch. Its by no means a simple or cheap task compared to other options, but the OP wants factory-like switches…which is why i suggested it.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah i get that. It’s just not quite plug and play. I think it’s a real pain in the ass. It’s why mostly don’t tackle it and inthink you might lose the hill descent if you do. Honestly not even sure it’s possible on a power wagon.