Sirius acquiring signal....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brad byron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just about each time that i start my 2015 Ram, the Sirius displays ACQUIRING SIGNAL for awhile(during which time, cannot adjust the volume) after which, for a few minutes, it displays a "normal" screen and continues to work fine.......no trees around to obstruct any signal. happens whereever i'm parked...i bought it used and had to activiate the sirius service. the radio is the 3.0 version and the antenna is at the left front of the cab roof. i already called Sirius about this deal...they had no answers...sent a few "refresh" signals...no help. other than getting a new antenna, any ideas..??

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure this helps, but many people have complained about the xm signal on the dodge rams.

I have intermittent signal issues , in clear open areas at random that last 10 to 20 seconds. Some people have full blown signal issues that last minutes.

It's funny because I have a 18 and 19 durango and never had any xm issues at all.

I think it has something to do with either the antenna used in the rams or the software at the time. I'm sure someone else with more knowledge will chime in.