Slam In Park... On A Steep Hill...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry but the surrounding environment dictates weather or not I use my parking break. And if the snow is real wet and I know I have been in slushy conditions I'm not setting my parking break so it can just freeze once that sun sets. As stated above it all depends on the situation and it sure isn't a " all the time period " thing.

Really? You live in California. As a Canadian who always uses the parking brake, I've not once had it freeze.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe you guys have colder winters?? And the snow doesn't slush up and pack the under side of ur truck then freeze when the temperatures drop? I am in a 2010 F150 " company truck" most days -and the slush interferes with the transmition linkage on it at times. Maybe it is colder and the snow is lighter " colder" where you live so it's not a issue for u, maybe they keep ur roads Plowed in the winter. I'm not familiar with Canada - do you guys get a lot of snow where you are? It is a legitimate issue here-

is the " you live in California " statement supposed to imply I don't know what winter is?

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've only used my parking brake a few times which all involved towing a trailer whether it was uphill, downhill, or flat. for someone like myself who has only had a real truck for a year and a half I sometimes forget that I had the parking brake on like an idiot and wonder why my truck wasnt moving. :crazy:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
They freeze up here in Kansas as well.
I use my park brake when needed and have never ever had a problem from not using it but have been under a vehicle more then once with a small torch trying to free up the e brake.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really sucks when the damn door handles freeze shut.. " makes me love my remote start on my ram"

BackCountryAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab & 6.4' bed
Engine
The parking brake can freeze in AK too.... just depends on the time of year and temperature.