Sliders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Buying sliders for my 19 PW. Any issues with the Maple Offroad ones? I saw a video of a White Knuckle install that involved tearing out the floor boxes and that turned me off a bit. Not sure if they were trying to fit an older model to a newer truck but it seemed like a nightmare. Downside of the Maples are the shipping from Canada. Totally down to buy used ones if someone knows a source? Any insights on either slider or experiences with installs on the 19+ models?

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Buying sliders for my 19 PW. Any issues with the Maple Offroad ones? I saw a video of a White Knuckle install that involved tearing out the floor boxes and that turned me off a bit. Not sure if they were trying to fit an older model to a newer truck but it seemed like a nightmare. Downside of the Maples are the shipping from Canada. Totally down to buy used ones if someone knows a source? Any insights on either slider or experiences with installs on the 19+ models?

I havent heard of the maples needing modification like that.

But just a heads up. If this is possible for you. you can save some money with shipping from Maple if you can send to a commercial address rather than residential.

I have started gearing towards Maple. and figured i could just ship them to my work if the savings are enough.

Edit: Sorry no real experience with the sliders. Just thought id let you know about the shipping though. lol.

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Try your local fab shops to build you sliders, saves a ton of money and just as good

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
Removing the floor boxes just gives you easier access to the slider bolts. It's only a handful of bolts and it comes right out. Not at all that involved.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As mentioned in a previous post, check with local fabrication and off-road shops also. Not bashing on Maple or White Knuckle in any way, but sliders are pretty basic and a decent shop could whip out a pair pretty quick.

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
White knuckle is an hour and a half north of me so pretty local.

aww what? Dude. then go with White knuckle. Zero dollars on shipping if you can collect from them.

This should now be no question!

For my order shipping to Pasadena was only $130 from White Knuckle. Shipping to the OC should be around the same. Figuring gas and time it was worth it just to have them shipped.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
https://www.randyellisdesign.com/store/c33/VEHICLE_PRODUCTS.html
another option...

OP
OP
JamesgPW

JamesgPW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How about the three bar skid? So far all I can find for that is Maple Offroad.

Techflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
I just installed a set of White Knuckle sliders on my 19 PW. I did the install in the driveway by myself with a transmission jack. Follow the instructions and everything goes smoothly.
As was mentioned earlier, removing the storage boxes just make the install easier and is quick and easy. While I had the boxes out I added the locking latches.

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So everyone with sliders, which steel thickness did you go with? The .120DOM or the .188DOM. Their is only a ten pound difference in weight but what would be better for our trucks for real world use taking a beating?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So everyone with sliders, which steel thickness did you go with? The .120DOM or the .188DOM. Their is only a ten pound difference in weight but what would be better for our trucks for real world use taking a beating?

Obviously the .188 lol

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Figured that but was asking anyways. Only a little difference in money but was just curious lol

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’ve seen the Maple ones flex (slightly) before. I’ve never seen the WKS flex at all. Maples attach to the frame in three places, WK attaches in 5. Cost and installation is comparable.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Figured that but was asking anyways. Only a little difference in money but was just curious lol

Yea I understand. Honestly, the thinner ones would be fine for many people (like myself) who rarely even use the sliders except for steps. If you wheel in the rocks often and hard, no doubt I would get the thicker ones. I went with the thicker ones mainly because cost a d weight were not much different, and just figured why the hell not.

gruntdog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I understand. Honestly, the thinner ones would be fine for many people (like myself) who rarely even use the sliders except for steps. If you wheel in the rocks often and hard, no doubt I would get the thicker ones. I went with the thicker ones mainly because cost a d weight were not much different, and just figured why the hell not.

Well you just answered all my questions lol. I definitely dont want flex. I will use my sliders. I have no problem bashing things I can see. Water crossings are when I really get nervous. You just never know whats underneath when it gets deep. We had problems with people putting spikes in deep sections on dirt roads where the water never went away. People were getting one to four flats at a time going thru some of the places.