Slight Shake at Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gallifreywho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Classic Long Horn Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently bought (may) a 2019 Classic long horn edition. It currently has 22,000 miles. I have noticed that when the truck is started and the idle slows to 500 there small shake to the entire truck. The shake can not be felt until the idle settles to around 500. The shake can also be felt when stopped at redlights. I can be very obsessive about things so I asked my gf to see if she felt it. She did and so did my father. I took the truck to the dealership (since it's still under warranty) and had the head mechanic start it see if he felt the same shake. He said that he felt nothing and if there was a problem the engine light should come on. He stated it could be trash in the gas or something else minor. My observations are as follows: The engine light has never came on. There isn't a knocking or banging sound. I have tried different grades of gas 93 etc and no help. The shaking is slight, but its noticeable. I haven't noticed a bad shake while driving, but the roads where I live are bumpy so I might miss it. I have bought a K & N Airfilter, and the shake still exists. Any advice or recommendations will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2015 SLT had that.You could see the antenna vibrate.Haven't noticed it on my 2019.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 15 did it from new and being new to the new Rams I thought maybe something to do with the MDS.It never changed or seemed to affect anything in the 4 years I had it and it never really bothered me so I didn't check into it.

Uncle G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Same issue in my 100,000 mile 12’ 1500 bighorn 5.7,slight shake at idle which is at 500 rpm. Maybe it has something to do with the mds system?