Slow slow speed turning vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have this issue. Barely rolling turning full turn left or right creates a vibration through the steering wheel. Anyone have this issue?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have this issue. Barely rolling turning full turn left or right creates a vibration through the steering wheel. Anyone have this issue?
Yes!! Been fighting with FCA about it for 3 months. Take a look at my posts...they don't know what's wrong with it. Thru a ton of parts no fix. I just got out of my ram and bought a gladiator cause I was tired of the bs from FCA. Good luck to you. Bring it to the dealership and take a drive with them so they can hear the issue. Please keep me posted IF they end up finding a fix. I'm now just curious what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Yes!! Been fighting with FCA about it for 3 months. Take a look at my posts...they don't know what's wrong with it. Thru a ton of parts no fix. I just got out of my ram and bought a gladiator cause I was tired of the bs from FCA. Good luck to you. Bring it to the dealership and take a drive with them so they can hear the issue. Please keep me posted IF they end up finding a fix. I'm now just curious what it is.

That's crazy. BTW, I hate to tell you but Jeep is owned by FCA.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's crazy. BTW, I hate to tell you but Jeep is owned by FCA.
Oh I know jeep is.. but it's a different platform and I've had good luck with my wife's grand Cherokee and a few other jeeps in the past. Just am sick of the run around with the ram. I think my ram was built on a Friday....[emoji2369]

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Oh I know jeep is.. but it's a different platform and I've had good luck with my wife's grand Cherokee and a few other jeeps in the past. Just am sick of the run around with the ram. I think my ram was built on a Friday....[emoji2369]

Friday after lunch for sure... Lol. Cool, a bunch of us are Jeepers too. BTW, if you're interested @Shaggy has a Gladiator forum as well https://www.jeepgladiator.com/community/

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
It might have something to do with a bad ABS sensor. Disconnect it one wheel at a time and see if the problem goes away.

I drove a Cherokee for a week in Alaska in 2018 and on returning home bought a Chevy Traverse which has been much more reliable and trouble free. I hated the stupid user interface where I had to go on the LCD screen and enter the menus to change the fan speed on the defroster or heater or AC. With the Chevy I only need to turn a knob on the dash.

My neighbor leases her Cherokee so every two years she gets a new one and so the car is always under warranty. I pay cash for my cars and trucks and keep them for at least 10 years so the leasing approach is not for me.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It might have something to do with a bad ABS sensor. Disconnect it one wheel at a time and see if the problem goes away.

I drove a Cherokee for a week in Alaska in 2018 and on returning home bought a Chevy Traverse which has been much more reliable and trouble free. I hated the stupid user interface where I had to go on the LCD screen and enter the menus to change the fan speed on the defroster or heater or AC. With the Chevy I only need to turn a knob on the dash.

My neighbor leases her Cherokee so every two years she gets a new one and so the car is always under warranty. I pay cash for my cars and trucks and keep them for at least 10 years so the leasing approach is not for me.
I had same issue with my Ram..they replaced wheel speed sensors, and abs module twice. Didn't change anything. Ended up lemon lawing it. Good luck!!

robbie kerns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having same issue on my 2020 Laramie, 11,000 miles. mine is at dealer now. Was yours ever resolved?

OP
OP
CG2742

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope. But it’s definitely the steering rack. My 13 did same thing. Super annoying as dealer can never replicate it

Bamacommander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 BigHorn with 43k miles and my truck has always had the vibration , especially first thing in the morning or if I haven’t driven it for a few days. Took it in a couple of times, they couldn’t figure out a fix. They told me it was because the steering fluid was cold and needed to warm up. They also told me FCA was looking into it. It quickly goes away once I have driven it for a few minutes. Really hasn’t been an issue, I’ve moved on and I guess have decided to live with it. Just chalked it up as a normal quirky thing.

jayparksdept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2019 Ram 2500 has same issue with shimmy on slow turns. Found that the left front axle is binding. Jack up front end and turn wheels and spin by hand one or both will bind. When wheel is straight the wheels spin freely.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
2019 Ram 2500 has same issue with shimmy on slow turns. Found that the left front axle is binding. Jack up front end and turn wheels and spin by hand one or both will bind. When wheel is straight the wheels spin freely.
being your truck is a 2500 and the others in their thread are 1500s, it's probably the front axle u-joints that are binding. Might be an early indication it's going bad, make sure the replacements have grease fittings. 1500s have an independent front suspension with CV joints on half shafts, an entirely different set up from the HD trucks.