So, fixed hemi tick and then.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastEddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m working on a 2012 Ram with 5.7 hemi as a favor to a friend. Replaced cam and lifters, had heads redone, new gaskets, reset timing chain(was top dead center), checked all pushed rods after installing rocker rails. Tried to start engine...would not start then only would run at 2000 rpm or above. Checked intake no vacuum leaks, now wondering if the MDS system have anything to do with this? I have done and redone and checked everything...just stumped. Anyone have a clue?

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome, sounds like your timing is off a tooth, any back firing going on did you have the #1 piston on top dead center at the end of the compression stroke before you tore it down, Cam gear at 12 o'clock and crank at 6 o'clock, What condition is the VVT on the cam gear in, the push rods are 2 different lengths, I dont think MDS has anything to do with this.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The MMX YouTube video shows everything step by step. Check your install with the cam degree wheel. I bet its off.