So we got the RAM back. Tell me what you think.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That style drag link was recalled for the jamb nuts coming loose. I don’t see any welds on them (the “band-aid fix”), but I SUPPOSE all 4 welds could be out of the frame. Google ram drag link recall, it’ll tell you everything you need to know. I’m just surprised they did all that work to a sub-standard part instead of replacing it with the right part for $130.
so i did some research, my truck was not part of the recall. i called the dealer and asked them to take another look at the list of recalls for mine, they did and they also assured me mine was def not in it. the portion of drag links was from a certain manufacturer which was not used on my truck. i appriciate the info and the concern, def dont need any issues. i also touched base w the shop before the dealer, if there was an issue they said bring her back, they would have a new one powdered and ready to install in no time.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Big transformation.

Honestly the only thing I would do is swap the chrome window deflectors for black or maybe even painted body color.
hey thanks. my wife picked them out so they def wont be getting changed hahaha. looks like you have a similar truck from your profile pic??

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
so i did some research, my truck was not part of the recall. i called the dealer and asked them to take another look at the list of recalls for mine, they did and they also assured me mine was def not in it. the portion of drag links was from a certain manufacturer which was not used on my truck. i appriciate the info and the concern, def dont need any issues. i also touched base w the shop before the dealer, if there was an issue they said bring her back, they would have a new one powdered and ready to install in no time.
Somethings not right. ALL 2017 heavy duty trucks were included in that recall, and the style you’re showing is the exact version that was recalled. Either you’re getting bad information, or your drag link was already “fixed” (jamb nuts welded) and the welds just aren’t visible in the pic you posted. Did you buy it new? I might be able to look up the service history for you if you PM your VIN to me. But you definitely have the one made by the “certain manufacturer” that they describe.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks nice, good to see work still getting done too. Gonna take it on some adventures now?

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Somethings not right. ALL 2017 heavy duty trucks were included in that recall, and the style you’re showing is the exact version that was recalled. Either you’re getting bad information, or your drag link was already “fixed” (jamb nuts welded) and the welds just aren’t visible in the pic you posted. Did you buy it new? I might be able to look up the service history for you if you PM your VIN to me. But you definitely have the one made by the “certain manufacturer” that they describe.
i did. it did not effect ALL but SOME. see link attached

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-art...teering-control-in-recalled-ram-vehicles.html

mine was not part of it. from what dealer is telling me and link im reading.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck looks nice, good to see work still getting done too. Gonna take it on some adventures now?
only adventures is to car shows. haha. no off roading for her! too hard to clean.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
i agree. i am going to put a cb in it also, any suggestions of a good one with a cool echo?
The last radio I bought you was a galaxy 959. It does a pretty good job, the best sounding radio I ever owned is my galaxy 99 and they haven’t made those for a long time but they can still be had used. Check with your local C B Shop see what they sell, service, and recommend.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The last radio I bought you was a galaxy 959. It does a pretty good job, the best sounding radio I ever owned is my galaxy 99 and they haven’t made those for a long time but they can still be had used. Check with your local C B Shop see what they sell, service, and recommend.
i had a galaxy years ago. was the best! ill do some research and see if maybe ebay has one

Mr Black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are You making it a show truck? Or just for your pleasure? It looks nice

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What made your truck not be in the recall. By reading your link, I don't see where it would be excluded. Looks like all 4wd.
i truely dont know. but my truck is not showing a recall for it.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So what we have here is a 2017 RAM 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.4L Hemi. This was purchased new in March of 2017. Currently, there is 8000 miles on it and when the build started, we had 7000 miles on her. Many thanks to the guys at Envision Metalworks Inc for doing such a superb job with all of the custom work. I couldn't have asked for a better job then what they did. They fabricated custom parts throughout the entire build, custom colors for the powder coating, and went above and beyond my expectations. I will be sending it back in the spring for some additional customizing but for now, she is done for this year. I am including some before and after pics.

View attachment 218340

View attachment 218341

View attachment 218342

View attachment 218343

View attachment 218344
WOW. I would call that "DEEEEEEELISH". Nice.

Tonino

lincoln125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I like the work you had done. I could have done some major mods myself on my truck, but I am married