Software Update v39.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpongeBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I ordered the latest 'n greatest map update for the RAM 2500 2020 with UConnect 12 Unit. Package arrived, one box has a USB stick with the map update and another little box with a software update, v39.7. Posting the software update here for anyone looking for it. You can use the free ImageUSB tool from Passmark to write the BIN file back to a USB or simply copy the zip file contents to a USB. Will need at least 4GBs free either way.

fca.usb.stick.jpg

Files are posted via Google Drive

MD5 Hashes
3C4A30968277AD9B9B5625568B7B6A75 *SBXPR-US397.bin
0967791B31EF381586B7C82813BD7E01 *SBXPR-US397.zip

After the update, some interesting things I noticed. XMGuardian stopped working, neither Assist or SOS button's work now, however using the UConnect app everything worked. No online navigation search, everything is offline now. After some back and forth with FCA and dealer, they are replacing the radio, waiting for that to happen any day now.

Take the update with a grain of salt. Can't tell if my issues are because of the software or if I was just unlucky and had hardware failure at the same time.

Anyway, enjoy, use at your own risk, <insert legal disclaimers and don't blame me statements here>.

Stick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I lost my Uconnect when I changed the battery. Knocked the version back to the stone age (20.0) which I assume is because my truck is a 2020. Tried all the online advice: Waiting forever (3 weeks so far), resetting the Uconnect a billion times, tried dealer mode. Nothing worked. Trying your version now and hoping it works!!! I'll keep you posted.