SOLVED - Outside Air Temp not available after 7” EVIC Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I upgraded the basic instrument cluster in my 2020 Ram 1500 Tradesman to the 7” EVIC.

It looks impressive but in setting up the data displays for the corners I do not see outside air temp as an option.
I looked in the selector menus for all 4 corners just to be sure that selection might be limited to certain corners.

Outside temp displayed on my original 3” cluster...
ac922f26303a514f736d87c483cce5ca.jpg

Any ideas? I haven’t made any changes in AlfaOBD that would affect this data (changed settings to enable DRLs and global window down, that’s it).

Tnx!

UPDATE
After re-checking every menu in the 7” EVIC and confirming none of the choices for the displays were outside air temp I finally just decided to use the “reset to defaults” option in the display menu.

NOW the upper right hand display shows outside air temp as default.

I then programmed the other three ‘corners’ of data and the selectable onscreen gauges for the left side.

No idea why that option disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sharms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar v6
I have the same issue, I will try resetting..

Update....ran outside to reset the cluster....and boom.....outside temp showing!

Thankyou Rangemaster!

Last edited: