Someone please steal my truck!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Seriously, someone please steal this POS from me... It still runs, I think, been at dealer for 3 weeks. I leave the keys in it for you... LOL

Bought a new 2016, the 3.0 Diesel itself is pretty sweet. What isn't sweet is all the other parts hooked up to it. Premature front wheel bearing failures (I'm assuming because they weren't designed for the additional weight of a diesel???), DPF clamp issue, are some of the issues I've experienced.

Now I'm looking at a $2500 bill because the Oil Cooler took a dump inside my coolant... Need to replace Oil Cooler (if you can find one), heater coil, thermostat and flush entire coolant system.

Called RAM Customer Care (Seriously, what do they care about?), they started a case number and never bothered to call me back. I called multiple times over the course of several days talking with different employees along the way. Finally talked to someone who said, ohhh, I see they've denied your claim. No explanation, not a call, nothing. So I ask the nice lady if she would buy another vehicle from a company who's Customer Care Department didn't have the courtesy to even call back.... At that time a Supervisor / Manager jumps in (didn't even know he was listening on the phone) and says if it was under warranty we would cover it, otherwise its your bill. Didn't even try to be nice, just basically tried to RAM that up my back side.

RAM knows this engine has an oil cooler issue (and a number of other things), but they are more than happy to stick it to you if you are 1 mile over warranty. First and only RAM / Dodge / FCA / Whoever buys them next... product I will every own.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Your front wheel bearings are an oddity as the EcoDiesel only puts about an extra 100 lbs on over the Hemi. There is also a lot of EcoDs well over the 100K mile mark that have yet to puke their front wheel bearings. I think VernDiesel has only replaced his front wheel bearings once and his truck is well over 600K miles most of which is towing travel trailers.
There were several oil cooler failures in the beginning with the '14s but like the front wheel bearings the failures reported are sparse.