Soon to be a new Ram 2500 Cummins girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello I ordered my first truck (2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4 crew cab) ever back in July and am beyond excited!!! I feel like a little girl waiting for Christmas. I drove my first Dodge Cummins back in 1998 when I was a Lumber Jill and have been in LOVE with the sound of the Cummins ever since. Thru out my years of being a Lumber Jill (10 yrs) & now a Landscape foreman (10 yrs) I have driven Ford Power Strokes & Chevy Duramax's but nothing compares to sound and the quality of the Cummins engine. I was wondering if anyone has heard if they have started to build the 2022's yet? My sales guy doesn't keep me updated. Not sure if its because he doesn't have the same enthusiasm as I do and if Ram isn't keeping him updated. He said it would take 3-6 months and I'm only at 6 weeks. :( I would just like some kind of update...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Welcome Stylie

They should start building the 2022 2500s around mid August
I saw a note mentioning August 8th, but that seems unusual being mid week.

I would think that several individuals would have placed their orders already,

It takes 8 weeks for a 1500 model built in Michigan to arrive in places like St. Louis

It may take 10-12 weeks for a 2500 built in Saltillo Mexico to reach St. Louis

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Welcome.

Yes, a Cummins is a mini semi-truck engine, with the same architecture......inline 6 cylinder. Optimum strength and balance in an engine. And nothing sounds like one, either. I worked at Cummins for 22 years.

Congratulations.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The computer chip shortage is delaying everything. Either way, it will be worth the wait. Welcome to the forum.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Took from Beginning of Feb to mid Aug for my Rebel.
As others mentioned , chip issues. It was just in news US plants were closing for week or so.
Didn't see anything about Mexico. Did they give you VIN yet? You can keep checking the website with your vin.

Welcome to forums

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
That is correct

First you will receive a VON, Vehicle Order Number, which you should already have, STATUS C & D

Then comes the VIN, Vehicle Identification Number
STATUS D1 Gateway :)

Then comes the Window Sticker
This is when your sales person should contact you, if they had not done it earlier

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Stylie just passing along information from a buddy who ordered a 3500 CTD, he was told production for what he ordered won't be until mid-October. You might not see your truck till Christmas
You might be disappointed with the +'19 Cummins trucks in the sound department, they're pretty quiet. One was refueling next to me the other day and it was just as quiet as my EcoDiesel

royfm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I was told that they started to take orders last week, end of August.
I want to order a Laramy 2500 Diesel, but I am not having luck finding a dealer who will give me a discount.
Anyone know of a good discount dealer ?
Am willing to travel.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
These days, we don't know when the Ram HD for 2022 will be seen on the dealerships sales lots

A lot has to do with Options that have to have the Microchips that are in very short supply

Normally we would see the incoming year model in September or October

If you didn't order your Ram with Surround View or the other fancy things, you may see it in the not to distant future

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Discount dealers ?
there are 2 Dodge dealers in UTAH, where people need HD trucks
Larry Miller
or
Doug Smith

OP
OP
Stylie

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@CanRebel I got a VIN # a week after ordering it. I thought my sales guy saying something about it being made in Indiana. I could be wrong. I was just super excited. And how do you check the stages on the website? And why didn’t my sales guy tell me this!?

OP
OP
Stylie

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@crash68 i know they aren’t as loud as they use to be. but they still sound better than a power stroke or a duramax.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
@CanRebel I got a VIN # a week after ordering it. I thought my sales guy saying something about it being made in Indiana. I could be wrong. I was just super excited. And how do you check the stages on the website? And why didn’t my sales guy tell me this!?

This was the site I found on the forums here.

Then another page pops up, you enter your VIN.

There might be other sites.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Cummins' Ram engines are made at their plant in Indiana. Trucks are assembled in Mexico.

OP
OP
Stylie

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@GTyankee thank you foe the info.
This was the site I found on the forums here.

Then another page pops up, you enter your VIN.

There might be other sites.
I tried to put my VIN in but got a message about no information. so I’m guessing she hasn’t even become anything more than D status with no clue of an approximate build date. Thank you for the info. I’ll bookmark the link tho and keep checking.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ya that happened to me as well. calling the dealer and/or salesperson might give you better answer.
I put in website for months, then it just showed up one day. Yours likely might not as long. Depends if they keep having shutdowns.

rbsailor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I ordered my 2022 2500 6.7 4x4 short bed Laramie in August, chatted with Ram Chat a few days ago, gave them the VOD and they gave me the VIN and status Code D, that's more info than the dealer has. I'm thinking/hoping December delivery, keeping fingers crossed of course.