Sound deadening the interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Brando_SLT

Brando_SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A bit more progress this evening now that the weather is getting better. I'm almost done with the rear passenger side door, making templates of the pieces as I go along so the other side goes faster. It's already a night and day difference in cab noise.

IMG_20200702_192705.jpg IMG_20200702_192722.jpg IMG_20200702_194636.jpg

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this struggle of weather vs sound deadening.
I have finally got my last pieces of MLV + CCF put in.

Fairly certain I've sweat at least a gallon into that truck.

MuleDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Today I embarked on my next fun project: Quieting down the cab from road noise. I assumed - correctly - that the interior has not previously been apart, aside from a previous owner installing two 10in kicker subs in a box.

Last week I purchased 3x36 square feet of Noico black sound deadening mats, and 2x36 square feet of their 130 mil red insulation mat. Everything showed up yesterday, so today I began taking apart the cab interior. Since the previous owners didn't really care for this thing... there was TONS to clean up. Some glass from a previously broken rear window as well.

Now that the first section of carpet and seats are removed I can clean, clean, and clean all the dirt and dust and install mats this week. My plan is to lay down the black mats along the ceiling, floor, rear bulkhead, tunnel, A/B/C pillars, and front firewall. If I have enough left, the doors as well. When all is said and done, it should drop the inside noise a few decibels and make for a more pleasant ride on those long hauls.

View attachment 209136 View attachment 209137 View attachment 209138 View attachment 209139
How much did it run you?