Sounds dumb but ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superb Decalscom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ok looking at a Reg. Cab 2006 SRT-10 as a toy. Issue is its a stick and has the Center console in it. I have a 9 year old son and a wife and would like to swap out the center console for a Jump Seat. Any recommendations on how or what to do? I love this truck the price is really good on it for the low miles BUT I cant get us all in it :(
Does the back section of the console come off the so I can just put the a Jump seat in the back section or would I have to change the hole thing? I want to be able to put it back to stock when we decide we dont want it any more down the road as well. So not looking to hack it up.
Thanks for the info guys!

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Console is fairly well integrated to shifter location, plus there the matter of how it mounts (console and jump seats mount differently):

226446_Interior_Web.jpg

The 04-05 had a jump seat but honestly I wouldn't want a person where that shifter has to go:

mopp-1212-05-2004-dodge-ram-srt10-web.jpg

It would of course be your decision to cut it up to do what you want with it, but it would devalue it. My personal recommendation is find an 04-05 reg cab or an 05-06 quad cab (lots of passenger room there).

OP
OP
S

Superb Decalscom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The price they have this thing at with only 12,405 Miles its a great deal. All the others I have found have far far more miles (Extended cabs in our area are well over 100,000) and most reg. cabs are 67,000 and up and they are asking the same or way more for them. So Its a tuffy I have always wanted one of these trucks so we will see. Might pass on it for now and keep looking for an 04 05. Really dont like the looks of the Quad cabs either the reg. just look way better.

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, I remember covering many a mile with four of us stacked on the bench seat of my dad's old square body GMC. Good times. Probably get a prison sentence for that today.

Anyhow, my '04 has the jump seat and the 5-speed. I can't say anything about the difference in how the console bolts in versus the seat. But I don't think a young kid would interfere with shifting. I don't smack the seat going through the gears. But I'll pay extra attention in the morning and report back with an update.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Man, I remember covering many a mile with four of us stacked on the bench seat of my dad's old square body GMC. Good times. Probably get a prison sentence for that today.

Anyhow, my '04 has the jump seat and the 5-speed. I can't say anything about the difference in how the console bolts in versus the seat. But I don't think a young kid would interfere with shifting. I don't smack the seat going through the gears. But I'll pay extra attention in the morning and report back with an update.

Assuming said child would hold still (which is not a usual thing....) lol

SouthernGorilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at it this morning, even a kid would have to drop their legs to the passenger footwell. There is no way to sit straight in the jump seat. And their legs might clear the shifter, but I'm not so sure about their torso clearing your elbow while shifting. It would be awkward. But might be tolerable for occasional short trips. I definitely wouldn't want to daily it like that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990