Spanner for Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Hi All,

My mechanic was hoping I could organise a very flat spanner to be able to remove the fan so the belt can be changed.

No cars here in Australia have anything like the size spanner required.

Anyone know a link to a shop that sells and can post to Australia.

Cheers,

Bruce.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
It takes a 36mm fan clutch wrench. You can find them on eBay. I would send you a link but I am tapatalkn on my phone.

My question is.... Why does he need to remove the fan to replace the belt. The mechanic should be able to remove and replace the belt without having to do that. The tension pulley has a slot for an extension to fit into, the tension on the belt is relieve by pulling up or pushing down and the belt is removed.

OP
OP
baff

baff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
It takes a 36mm fan clutch wrench. You can find them on eBay. I would send you a link but I am tapatalkn on my phone.

My question is.... Why does he need to remove the fan to replace the belt. The mechanic should be able to remove and replace the belt without having to do that. The tension pulley has a slot for an extension to fit into, the tension on the belt is relieve by pulling up or pushing down and the belt is removed.

From what I can gather, the engine was moved due to the conversion, and things are very tight.
I'll pass on your suggestion... obviously mine is the only ram they see.