Sport or Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always bought middle of the road trucks. XLT F150s, SLT Rams, LT&SLE GMs. Never had leather, nicer stereo, etc. Stopped at power windows/locks/carpet/AC/ etc. maybe a few higher end individual options, but never the entire higher trim levels.

However I also stayed away from the "sport" models of each brand, for one reason; I drive a LOT of highway miles. The chrome grilles and bumpers stand up to rock chips and are easier to clean bug splats off of. I do usually like the color matched look better and if my work commute wasn't what it is, I'm sure I would have had some.

This time around, I decided I wanted a truck to "pamper" myself a bit more, with fancier electronics, leather, built in nav and leather, etc. A friend at a local Ram dealer worked out a deal for me on my Laramie that would have been tough to refuse. The price on the truck was really not much better than anyone off the street could have haggled for, but he also went above top trade-in value on my trade, cut the extended bumper to bumper warranty price in half, threw in a few other goodies, so I went for it. I think the chrome is sparse enough that it stays tasteful. The grille may be a bit much but I'll look into options to tone it down later. I also removed the blocky "RAM 1500" emblems off the doors, which took away some of the chrome effect.

It's my first "old man" truck, but I love it! I guess my age is showing (41)
Mid Level Truck - Check
Lots of goodies- Check
Lots of Hwy Miles - Check
Chrome- Check
Debadge - Check
Good Deal(25% off MSRP) - Check
Old Man - Check

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
plus to option out the ram sport with all the options you want the msrp is more than the Laramie.

Yes that was my concern also. That's why I took a Laramie as the resale value will be higher

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sports can be had for 10K off retail pretty easily, so I thought mine (2WD) was a great deal at 38K loaded minus a roof. Depends on timing and dealers. Got a local dealer now blowing out 2017 Laramies for 11K+ off.