Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2011 1500 5.7 124000 km with a CAI and CAT back. I have been experiencing a sputtering and stalling when coming to a stop. The stalling happens when the truck has been left in the cold over night (-20C).
This happens even if the truck was plugged in and warmed up for 10 -15 min, and persists until the the drive train warmed up (engine 90C, Oil 80C, Trans 30C+).
Shifting to neutral, no stalling, or lifting on the brake slightly keeps from staling too.
I have cleaned the throttle body, trans fluid in full. Plugs were changed at 100,000km

If the truck was in a heated garage (work) i have no issues at all no matter the temps.

After looking into this i am suspecting the lock up on the torque converter. Can this be tested?

OP
OP
R

RyanMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No codes. Added the Gas Line antifreeze last night, have to wait for the results.
There does not seem to be any issues if I coast to a stop (no brake).
Tried driving with tow/haul on, made no difference.
Starts fine and idles good.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would start looking for a vacuum leak.

OP
OP
R

RyanMac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Checked for vacuum leaks and did not find/detect any.

I had no issues today on my commute to work at -22C . After adding the Gas Line antifreeze. Fingers crossed that it was that easy.

500rider86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This maybe a dumb suggestion but have you looked at your maf sensor and throttle body? If there is a lot of oil on the maf and a good coating on the throttle body it could cause stalling. Maybe dumb but it’s a quick and easy check.

Never mind didn’t see it only happens at cold temps. :) This is what happend when you skim a post instead of reading it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio