Start-X remote start review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdemmin0920

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
So I decided to go against the popular brand and get a Start-X remote start.

I got the kit for 2018 to 2020 tip start Rams. The install was so easy. It really was plug and play. No splicing at all. I plugged the T harness in and connected the CAN connector to the green CAN terminal. That took 2 minutes. After that I followed the instructions for training the module. After that I programmed it using their website. You have to use IE to program it. Safari, Chrome, Edge, and any other browser won't work. If you have a newer computer and it only has Edge, type IE into the search bar and Internet Explorer will come up. It's in there, they just don't give you a icon for it.

The programming was easy. You sign up at their site and download their program and then follow the instructions for flashing the module on their site. That took maybe 5 minutes.

Finally I plugged the module in again and cycled the key according to their instructions. I hit the lock button 3 times and it started. I tied everything up with tie wraps, put the kick plate back on and I was done. Maybe 20 minutes start to finish.

It couldn't have been easier. I got it from Amazon for $169. The fact that it was total plug and play with no splicing was the deciding factor for me.
I did everything I was supposed to for this but the light is still flashing green. On the module I can’t get it to just be the steady green light any suggestions?

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did everything I was supposed to for this but the light is still flashing green. On the module I can’t get it to just be the steady green light any suggestions?
I didn't have any problems with install so I'm not sure what's going on. I would suggest try contacting their help line. You may have bought the wrong one, you could have received a bad unit. Maybe review and redo the programming again and double check your wiring. Besides that call StartX and see if they can help.