Sticker shock with Ram pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
You obviously have no idea how android auto or car play works. You don't look at your phone or have to fumble with it. It's on the radio screen, the sane one you are looking at. Only this costs nothing to update, much better maps and you get a much better looking map if you would like... I use satalite view.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I do know how it works, I just prefer not to fool with it. I mostly use my truck for towing and travel and so far, the free map updates over the years have been enough for me.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the market as well, haven't seen or heard anything about next month being Ram Truck Month. Does FCA do that every year? Just wondering what else you might know about it. Most dealers here in greater Cleveland are around 10 grand below sticker now.
Feb is the month of the year that Ram push,s the big sale of the year every year they call Ram truck month

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question for you guys with the carplay...I've always liked the stock nav and it has worked fine for me over my last 3 rams. I'm also not opposed to using google maps (what I did prior to having build in gps) so carplay does have some appeal. One of the the things I like about the stock nav is the info that pops up in the EVIC cluster (between speedo/rpm gauge) as you are approaching your next maneuver. Love that feature for longer highway trips (hate having nav sound on to disrupt music) just in case I haven't glanced over to the center screen in a while and we are approaching an exit etc that we must take. Does the carplay have the ability to do that as well, or is it only on the center infotainment screen?
No, it's in the center screen only. But it has voice commands so you don't have to look at anything, and Google maps is virtually flawless. I would trust it before any vehicle built in navigation.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, it's in the center screen only. But it has voice commands so you don't have to look at anything, and Google maps is virtually flawless. I would trust it before any vehicle built in navigation.

Ah gotcha, thanks for the info. The voice command part kills it for me, always have that turned off, I'll have to stick with stock nav for now. The stock nav for the most part has been spot on for me, I check the routes it gives me prior to long trips and have rarely had to adjust anything. To be fair, I'd do the same with google maps in terms of scoping out the route first, just like to have a good idea of where we are going.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I wanted a 2020 Ram to get the multifunction tailgate as when loading heavy things into the bed of my current truck I end up tossing them across the tailgate. Getting heavy items out usually means crawling up into the bed and moving them one by one onto the tailgate. But Ram is charging $1,840 for this special tailgate (MFT must be ordered with the bed utility group so it is $995 plus $845).

Ram adds $800 for NAV on the Larmaie but adds $1400 for the same NAV on the Rebel. Going with the bucket seats on the Quad cab adds $900 but on a Crew cab the exact same seats add $1400 to the price for the truck.

I am now rethinking my decision to buy a Ram truck. It is not what I can afford but what I can stomach when I feel I am being taken advantage of by a company.
I wanted a 2020 Ram to get the multifunction tailgate as when loading heavy things into the bed of my current truck I end up tossing them across the tailgate. Getting heavy items out usually means crawling up into the bed and moving them one by one onto the tailgate. But Ram is charging $1,840 for this special tailgate (MFT must be ordered with the bed utility group so it is $995 plus $845).

Ram adds $800 for NAV on the Larmaie but adds $1400 for the same NAV on the Rebel. Going with the bucket seats on the Quad cab adds $900 but on a Crew cab the exact same seats add $1400 to the price for the truck.

I am now rethinking my decision to buy a Ram truck. It is not what I can afford but what I can stomach when I feel I am being taken advantage of by a company.

Go to the GMC forum. It appears you aren’t into the RAM prices so they will take care of you real Good. HaHa. LOL Tailgates are us.

Tulet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2018 Laramie Longhorn had an MSRP of over $61K. Through dealing and incentives I got it out the door at $49,500. Deal from the position that you'll walk out if not happy.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
You're in Monterey, CA right? I suggest looking online at the Elk Grove Ram dealer's website. Not too long ago, they had 1300+ trucks in their inventory and were offering monster discounts. The last time I posted this, I got "corrected" by folks telling me that not everyone gets every cent of the discounts because they have conditions, etc. We all know this. But! I got the same story from the dealer in Lodi where I bought my Warlock last month, saying the last $1,000 of the discount was only available if I financed the truck. I said "No" to that. Then they said that I could finance it and in 4 months, pay it off with no penalty---but when I asked about the interest paid in 4 months plus financing fees, they admitted the $1,000 savings would be mostly used up. Now I had printed off the internet page with the truck I wanted and it had all the monetary details on it so I showed the Finance guy that and said I had driven 114 miles to buy this truck at this price and if that isn't going to happen, I would go elsewhere. He went back to his office and came back with the approval for the full discount. What I saw a week or two ago on the Elk Grove website was some trucks (new 2019's?), the 1500's and 4X4's were what I searched for, that MSRP'd at around 50K, discounted down to around $30K. Kinda wish I had seen that before I bought mine. Mostly the little diesels at that discount, but some nice-looking lesser discounts on others, and even on the 2020's. Gotta be worth a web search, right? NOTE: Their website is a little clunky but you can get through that. Good hunting and happy trails!
yes great deals right now cant beleave it wish I could get a new one my 2010 may have a lifter cam dead code on it so worriyed about dealer fix just parts but metal has gone throw the whole enigne bet !

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought my new 2018 2500 in October by searching the inventory available on Ram's website. I never stepped foot in the dealership until the day I picked it up, did everything by email and then phone. I searched through a lot of dealerships and worked with five or six different sales people until I got the deal I wanted. I used a combination of websites that provide feedback on what other people paid, buying services that I had checked with who gave me estimate, and my own skills of negotiation. In the end, you just have to be happy with what you pay and not worry about if it's the best deal in the world. I bought a tradesman model and have already made updates for some of the things that I wanted that I didn't get. There really isn't anything you can't buy aftermarket and add, including the tailgates. it might take a little bit of waiting but I find some parts in junk yards since most of the fronts are smashed. This is my third ram and I've bought parts at those centers And save the time. I have heard that not having a higher model impacts my trade-in, but I got such a good deal in my 18 that used ones were selling more than what I paid for mine. Since I paid thousands less to get the base truck and will add the options I wanted for muck less I am sure it's going to be a wash. However, I keep my trucks for well over 10-15 years at a time so not worried about that at all.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
My 2018 Laramie Longhorn had an MSRP of over $61K. Through dealing and incentives I got it out the door at $49,500. Deal from the position that you'll walk out if not happy.

ya mine stickered for 56K and ended up at 43K and got 1000$ additional off with a usaa coupon and at the time my dealer was giving 50$ just for taking a test drive. that promotion was new and they had trouble coding it into their computer so gave me a free tank of gas instead....it didnt occur to the business mgr that I had the 33 gal tank so I made out ok on that deal. Tulet says it best

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
Do what I did about the bed. Buy a bed slider. I have a disability and use the bed slider to get things in and out of my bed. It slides out like a hearse and holds up to 2000 pounds depending on model. Instead of sliding a coffin, you can put all kinds of things and slide it back in.

Instead of fighting the tailgate, you slide the bed out to you. What an invention.

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 2019, 2500 Megacab Longhorn Rambox 4wd in November , talk about sticker shock 82,699

Bought a 2020 1500 Lonestar crewcab Rambox hemi

Both had employee pricing

I believe now they are adding rebates on to the trucks now , so when they do discount them they are still making huge profits

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
what they ask for upgrades and what you pay, should NEVER match.

E-DAWG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
MSRP and even the Special discounted prices on any new truck are incredibly stupid prices fr what you get now. Buy a demo /exec truck they are tossing with 3-6k on it, they will still add the incentives and give you a few more bucks off to boot.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MSRP and even the Special discounted prices on any new truck are incredibly stupid prices fr what you get now. Buy a demo /exec truck they are tossing with 3-6k on it, they will still add the incentives and give you a few more bucks off to boot.
I have read a post on this site, A guy purchased a Ram as it was a demo,like one year later had a big time problem with the motor. The problem was a costly one ,Ram said its not covered because it was a used Ram truck according to them. The owner has a title as a brand new truck and they still told him to take a walk. So be careful in buying a demo check it out carefully because you in fact might be buying a used truck according to the manufacturer.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have read a post on this site, A guy purchased a Ram as it was a demo,like one year later had a big time problem with the motor. The problem was a costly one ,Ram said its not covered because it was a used Ram truck according to them. The owner has a title as a brand new truck and they still told him to take a walk. So be careful in buying a demo check it out carefully because you in fact might be buying a used truck according to the manufacturer.

Who cares if it's brand new or not? The warranty doesn't expire after the first owner, it continues on to as many owners that have it until the warranty time or mileage is met.

Not saying I don't believe you about a dealer trying to pull that kind bs, but that's a ridiculous line to give someone on their part.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
list $73,295 Canadian after discount $55,704 Canadian 24% off plus taxes I bought mine in April 2019

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ordered my 2020 with the 8.4 Non-NAV. Love how the Car Play works so far but had I known that the Non-NAV also meant no Uconnect, I probably would have spent the extra $$. I liked how I could remote start my last truck without being within throwing distance of it. Or, how I could unlock my doors with my phone had my daughter locked them, or herself in the truck. Didn't know I would be losing this feature by not selecting NAV.

Last edited:

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These are package prices. You quoted different trim levels. Each trim level may have added components, not simply the option you want. Example, you cannot get the hemi in the Laredo package on Grand Cherokees, you must upgrade to the limited. And yes it is LOT more but you get a LOT more options included.