Still Love my air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even though I still get the "Low Battery" msg. when lowering the truck without the engine running, I love the fact that I can set Entry/Exit mode when washing the vehicle or loading my mountain bike over the side of the bed.

Dan

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya. That is one thing I wish my Laramie had.

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing I am nervous about is when it needs new shocks. From what I can tell, the shock and air cylinder are a combined unit.....=$$$$$$
Dan

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was over €1800 for my buddies shock on his Mercedes. I think that is where mother Chrysler got the idea when they were with Mercedes. So yep, it will be expensive.

Oilbelcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie Limited Diesel
Engine
Diesel 3.0
I replaced two air shocks on my Mercedes E500 at 80 - 90k miles. Bought it certified used when it had 44k mikes and extended the CPO warranty to 100k. It paid for itself many times over. Each shock was 1200 to 1400; can't remember exact amount. I plan to buy extended warranty on my truck when it arrives, at least thru 6 years and 80k (double factory warranty). Despite those problems the air suspension was still worth it, I just planned ahead and got the warranty through the factory. I would never trust aftermarket. Had too many problems with awful ****** aftermarket sales people. I can't wait to get the air suspension on the truck. It was one of the main reasons I came to Ram, and got a truck over an SUV.