Still waiting for my diesel pre-heater relay....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
After being told that the part for my pre-heat relay for my engine would be available May 15, with no phone call from the dealer, I called and was told it would be in a week and half later. I did not receive a call after that period of time and waited until today to call. Now I have been told the part to fix my truck will not be available until the end of June. I am disgusted, angry, and generally pissed off.

OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Yesterday I spoke to the service manager at the dealership I use and was told that the part I had been promised in May and then June, now might be here by the end of July, maybe.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No, there isn’t a sound logical reason for things to be this far behind, the Covid excuse is over.

OP, have ya thought about going to the junk yard, ebay or auto parts store?

OP
OP
HighDesertRam

HighDesertRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
No, there isn’t a sound logical reason for things to be this far behind, the Covid excuse is over.

OP, have ya thought about going to the junk yard, ebay or auto parts store?
The truck is still under warranty so I don't want to install anything that would give RAM an excuse to weasel out of taking responsibility if I install something not blessed by the company.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Sounds like your not on the Service Dept. priority customer list ( its amassing how far a small gift card to the local coffee shop will get you) so just sit back, relax and they will get it to you in there own time its not like you rely it this time of the year or you can go online an buy the new one and replace it your self: https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-relay~68606435ab.html or you can buy from the Mopar vendor here on Ram Forum....

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Or you could order one through your dealership and when it comes in tell them to install it and pay the parts man. I’m having the same issue with the transmission recall. They have reported that the recall has been done but still have the 15” dipstick installed. Bought an original dipstick to check the fluid level and it was only 44 ozs. low.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I had a part that i was waiting on, the Dodge Dealers Service Writer kept saying that the part was not available.

I walked into the Parts Dept. & told the parts guy that i wanted to be put on a list for the part.
He looked at me funny & asked why i was asking, i told him.
He told me that he always has had that part in stock & if he did not, the Los Angeles Warehouse has next day delivery.

Just last week, i ran into a SW that had quit that dealership 13 months ago, he was wearing a Ford Service Writers shirt & name tag.

He had quit because the new Service Manager had changed policies that affected both employees & customers
He is waiting for another of the 8 local Dodge Dealerships to have a SW position open

Last edited: