Stop recommending opt 7 led!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftedgm1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As I have said. I have plenty of experience with lighting. Just because I haven't bought opt7 because of all their red flags it means I have no clue? And you believe all of those reviews are genuine and no one pays websites to put up phony reviews and if the reviews aren't phony every single person has experienced other brands to compare their rating to? But someone who's actually dealt with a variety of brands doesn't know ****?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where you're wrong. Let's say we knock 25% of those positive reviews out based on "paid accounts". That still leaves 3k+ positive reviews. Let's knock out another 25% on account that they don't know **** about lighting. That's still 2500+ positive reviews. Yeah, I'm a regular dude, but that's enough for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

liftedgm1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Life's to short guys,

If someone wants to buy Opt 7's it is all good
They can determine if they are good buy or not.
If you are not an end user of this product you have zero point of reference and this thread would be better off with out your observations being they are based upon no actual point of reference.

All of us have different expectations and budgets
Live and let live :)

I like this view the best.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im sticking with my "Fan boy" Opt7 Leds that I LOVE.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This has just gotten downright hilarious. All this coming from a guy who's never even tried them. Headlight Revolution just posted about the greatest beach front property in AZ. It must be gospel.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This has just gotten downright hilarious. All this coming from a guy who's never even tried them. Headlight Revolution just posted about the greatest beach front property in AZ. It must be gospel.

Just gotta see how they're constructed that's all I need. I knew they were bad before HR it just so happened HR proved it.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just gotta see how they're constructed that's all I need. I knew they were bad before HR it just so happened HR proved it.

And yet nobody is recommending the Opt7 fluxbeams reviewed in the video but instead the Fluxbeam X. But hey looking at a picture tells it all.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And yet nobody is recommending the Opt7 fluxbeams reviewed in the video but instead the Fluxbeam X. But hey looking at a picture tells it all.

I don't care about the X they ruined their rep when they lied about the original. That's on the fine line of steeling in my book.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't care about the X they ruined their rep when they lied about the original. That's on the fine line of steeling in my book.

Wow I'm just gonna leave this here so people can form their own opinion of your information based on such a well thought out response.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow I'm just gonna leave this here so people can form their own opinion of your information based on such a well thought out response.

That's the point of this post was for people to form their opinion. But a lot of butthurt happened. When you lie about the brightness of a lightbulb do people will buy it you're taking money from people. Selling a lie. As close to theft as it gets. But the technical word is false advertisement.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That's the point of this post was for people to form their opinion. But a lot of butthurt happened. When you lie about the brightness of a lightbulb do people will buy it you're taking money from people. Selling a lie. As close to theft as it gets. But the technical word is false advertisement.

Welcome to the world of automotives where everything is tested in a bubble and nothing meets advertised claims. Is Ram a bunch of thieves bc their trucks don't hit mpg ratings? How about nearly ever exhaust or CAI manufacturer's hp claims? The list of "false advertising" is a mile long. I can almost gaurentee if you're into aftermarket parts you have a piece on your truck that doesn't meet an advertised claim. And when a person tries to tell you the part reviewed isn't the item people are recommending you just flat out don't care. I know I'm never changing your mind but there is no sense in you perpetually slamming a product that people haven't even been recommending.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the world of automotives where everything is tested in a bubble and nothing meets advertised claims. Is Ram a bunch of thieves bc their trucks don't hit mpg ratings? How about nearly ever exhaust or CAI manufacturer's hp claims? The list of "false advertising" is a mile long. I can almost gaurentee if you're into aftermarket parts you have a piece on your truck that doesn't meet an advertised claim. And when a person tries to tell you the part reviewed isn't the item people are recommending you just flat out don't care. I know I'm never changing your mind but there is no sense in you perpetually slamming a product that people haven't even been recommending.

Weird my truck gets better fuel mileage than advertised... maybe driver issue? Never heard that one. I never said stop recommending opt 7 x. I just said opt 7 as in the original opt 7. Never posted anything about the X. I'm just stating that I would never buy anything opt 7 because of their original lie. I don't care what X is like I won't ever use them.

And why are you bringing up CAI? I feel the same way about anything automotive. Obviously most CAI will need a tune to achieve HP and as for the companies (K&N) to name one. I feel the same way about and will never get any of my money. There is nothing on my truck that doesn't work AS ADVERTISED. I make sure of that by doing my research and figuring out how **** works. It just so happens that my strong point is lighting and how much knowledge I have about it and being able to see just by the orientation of the leds and their ridiculous over the top performance claims that opt 7 should never be purchased. Who knows what they lie about with their X. I never posted my claim because I wont spend the extra money to just buy a crappy product just to prove it's no good. When a company I trust and have worked with and has always done me right throws out a test I'm going to go ahead and believe them. Especially when they say some bulbs are better than the bulbs they sell.

liftedgm1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weird my truck gets better fuel mileage than advertised... maybe driver issue? Never heard that one. I never said stop recommending opt 7 x. I just said opt 7 as in the original opt 7. Never posted anything about the X. I'm just stating that I would never buy anything opt 7 because of their original lie. I don't care what X is like I won't ever use them.

And why are you bringing up CAI? I feel the same way about anything automotive. Obviously most CAI will need a tune to achieve HP and as for the companies (K&N) to name one. I feel the same way about and will never get any of my money. There is nothing on my truck that doesn't work AS ADVERTISED. I make sure of that by doing my research and figuring out how **** works. It just so happens that my strong point is lighting and how much knowledge I have about it and being able to see just by the orientation of the leds and their ridiculous over the top performance claims that opt 7 should never be purchased. Who knows what they lie about with their X. I never posted my claim because I wont spend the extra money to just buy a crappy product just to prove it's no good. When a company I trust and have worked with and has always done me right throws out a test I'm going to go ahead and believe them. Especially when they say some bulbs are better than the bulbs they sell.

My Grant steering wheel is better than your "stocker"...
Just kidding, nobody buys those anymore, unless they're building a cool car now.
Your thread title is "Stop recommending Opt7". I'll have you know that Opt7(X) seems to have a highly better following than you. I'm gonna stick with them mate, just the same as everyone else. Cheers.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ok im gona say this, i now own the opt7 fluxbeam-x headlight bulbs....

If you want to talk about honest reviews on the video, then why did HR test their top stuff without comparing it to the top bulb that OPT-7 produces? That would be honest and fair right?

Now im not taking any sides in this other than my own from my own testing....

Im going to test the fluxbeam-x against the OEM halogen and see what we get, the test will be done in an OEM quad headlight, and ill have pictures both ways, i have no bias in either way and many who know me know im not one to lie about anything nor stretch the truth in my reviews...

My testing will be done at my house, I have everything here needed to do the test other than a LUX meter, which i placed an order for one this evening and it should be here in two days so stay tuned, i will make a full thread about this as well as post my findings here...

Ill do all my testing on a bench and then i will install the opt-7 bulbs on my truck and show you the output pictures taken with my phone and some taken with my dash cam...

Here is my first test with the lights

ff84e90d5ccb556cf8f3d2338a70fc4c.jpg

To look at it, it looks just like an HID color wise, ill add that fitment in the housings was excellent...

And now the first shot of the output

4e85b421b702be8494bfef5fbbfdbf22.jpg

Maybe 8' from my garage door and the beam is not the same as factory it does seem functional.

I cant do much more testing till my LUX meter gets here but once it does you guys will know

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ok im gona say this, i now own the opt7 fluxbeam-x headlight bulbs....

If you want to talk about honest reviews on the video, then why did HR test their top stuff without comparing it to the top bulb that OPT-7 produces? That would be honest and fair right?

Now im not taking any sides in this other than my own from my own testing....

Im going to test the fluxbeam-x against the OEM halogen and see what we get, the test will be done in an OEM quad headlight, and ill have pictures both ways, i have no bias in either way and many who know me know im not one to lie about anything nor stretch the truth in my reviews...

My testing will be done at my house, I have everything here needed to do the test other than a LUX meter, which i placed an order for one this evening and it should be here in two days so stay tuned, i will make a full thread about this as well as post my findings here...

Ill do all my testing on a bench and then i will install the opt-7 bulbs on my truck and show you the output pictures taken with my phone and some taken with my dash cam...

Here is my first test with the lights

ff84e90d5ccb556cf8f3d2338a70fc4c.jpg

To look at it, it looks just like an HID color wise, ill add that fitment in the housings was excellent...

And now the first shot of the output

4e85b421b702be8494bfef5fbbfdbf22.jpg

Maybe 8' from my garage door and the beam is not the same as factory it does seem functional.

I cant do much more testing till my LUX meter gets here but once it does you guys will know
Awesome. Thank you very much.
Looking forward to the full write-up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Guess who got to their Lux meter and got to test the bulbs tonight

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Ok here are my results of the Halogen VS opt-7 fluxbeam X bulbs...

Ill start with my setup:

Power: 12v battery
Housing: OEM Black edition quad headlights
Distance: 16'-5" from headlight housing to garage door (limited workspace in shop)
Halogen bulb: New standard autoparts h11 bulb
LED Bulb: Opt-7 Fluxbeam X
Lux meter: Tekpower 1505172834

Before i post any results im not paid in anyway for any of this, i simply wanted to see true results that arent from someone who has potential for gain from their findings...

I went and bought the Lux meter two days ago on amazon and i dont know how its calibrated but whether it gives the accurate Lux number it can give you an idea on the difference between light sources.

I will also add that i positioned the lux meter in the brightest possible point of both beams i could get...

Ill start with the halogen test results. . .

0cb65a3659dd119c41612468114eacb9.jpg

Now for the LED test results. . .

c35a7fec8a6204678893675319f8534b.jpg

The results I got show that the LED is almost twice as bright as the halogen, like it or not thats what the meter showed, like i said i have nothing to gain from these results and going into this i actually expected the halogen to win...

Now i have not driven with the LEDs yet so i will post up that info when i get them installed, which should be this weekend when I install a few other mods as well.

Hope you enjoyed this!

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok here are my results of the Halogen VS opt-7 fluxbeam X bulbs...

Ill start with my setup:

Power: 12v battery
Housing: OEM Black edition quad headlights
Distance: 16'-5" from headlight housing to garage door (limited workspace in shop)
Halogen bulb: New standard autoparts h11 bulb
LED Bulb: Opt-7 Fluxbeam X
Lux meter: Tekpower 1505172834

Before i post any results im not paid in anyway for any of this, i simply wanted to see true results that arent from someone who has potential for gain from their findings...

I went and bought the Lux meter two days ago on amazon and i dont know how its calibrated but whether it gives the accurate Lux number it can give you an idea on the difference between light sources.

I will also add that i positioned the lux meter in the brightest possible point of both beams i could get...

Ill start with the halogen test results. . .

0cb65a3659dd119c41612468114eacb9.jpg

Now for the LED test results. . .

c35a7fec8a6204678893675319f8534b.jpg

The results I got show that the LED is almost twice as bright as the halogen, like it or not thats what the meter showed, like i said i have nothing to gain from these results and going into this i actually expected the halogen to win...

Now i have not driven with the LEDs yet so i will post up that info when i get them installed, which should be this weekend when I install a few other mods as well.

Hope you enjoyed this!

I enjoyed this. But this post was not about the X. It was about the original opt7 and the lies the company told to sell them. But very cool post.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I enjoyed this. But this post was not about the X. It was about the original opt7 and the lies the company told to sell them. But very cool post.

Weird. I have the original Flux Beams and not the X which are still brighter then stock.

Oh and your title didn't specify the "bulb type" nor did your first post. Just a overall hatred of Opt-7 which majority of us don't agree with. Here is your first post just in case you forgot.

Time and time again i see people asking for the best headlight option for rams. And every time I see tons of people recommend opt7 for them to use. STOP IT! I have always doubted that brand light as a good option just buy looking at its design and price (you get what you pay for). Finally I found a legitimate test from someone reputable, and it is actually one of the worst bulbs you could put in your head or fog lamps. Here is a link for you to show you, and to show you what IS a good LED option. Note: I am pro HID and disagree with anything that has to do with aftermarket LED headlights.

Oh and if your wondering... I enjoyed that too.