Storing the truck for a while?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone have any tips or good products for storing my truck? I leave on the 25th for 2 and a half months and possible until the end of the year. I'm going to be putting my truck in the garage for most of the time I'm gone. I will be putting some ethanol free gas in the truck before i leave and i plan on having someone drive it every week or two while I'm gone. So the engine side should be good now I'm looking for some good detailing products for the outside of the truck or should i not even worry about it if its going to be in the garage?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If it's going to be driven semi-regularly and stored indoors then I wouldn't be worried about it what so ever.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
I store my truck all winter here in Michigan

best thing to do is ethanol free gas for sure, make sure you drive it for a few days to make sure the "good gas" is in the fuel lines and throttle body.

I always dump some stabil in my tank and then drive it for a couple days to get it "in the system"

as far as storing it that short of time, id wash it good, put some tire shine on to keep the tires from drying

never ever hurts to spray wd40 or fluid film in all the weep holes in the doors....maybe even the frame

make sure your truck is clean, leave the windows down a crack, put a battery tender on it, tires are full to the correct psi

if you have a cover for it, id use that, being in a sealed garage its not to bad

also can add that moisture absorber too....throw a couple packs in (only if you don't leave the windows down)