Strange electrical issue when trying to start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwittig33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys, I have an 05 Ram 1500 5.7. When i try to start it, i get a click like it's a dead battery then the red dot security light, the odometer and the door ajar light flashes and clicks until the battery dies or i unhook the batter. It keeps this up even if i pull the key out. I have tried a different battery and no help, I've checked all the main fuses and theyre good. Any ideas?

Here's a link to the video

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KlkS7wTQtvcEbFm0OPpuP4DyarRbb2vI

Thanks.

Landolov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Hello All I'm new on here and need help with my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 v8
Won't start the check engine light doesn't come on with the turn of the key like it's sup pose to it did this before and it would come and go until now it doesnt start at all please someone anyone

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My electrical issue may not have anything to do with either of yours, but on Monday, before heading out to work, I remote started my truck. I recently purchased a 2010 1500 4 weeks ago, and everything was fine until Monday. I had to run into the garage to grab something, and I heard the truck running at a higher RPM. when I went out to put my key in the ignition, the RPM's went down to a more normal warmup, the red dot on the dash stayed on, and the idiot lights for check engine, TPI, ESC, and I was getting a light in the middle of the dash that Showed EAS, with BAS under the EAS. So it went to the dealer this morning.

Personally, I think the aftermarket Viper remote start is the problem, and I told the service guy that, and that if they cant find the issue, to disconnect the remote start. At least they gave me a loaner.

Mike Flea

US ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the truck back, and it was the aftermarket remote starter. Evidently whoever installed it had their head up their a**, and it was only a matter of time before it burned up, fortunately it gave enough warning signs and I was able to get it in to the shop. They removed the entire remote system, the wires were burned and melted together causing the shorts that were setting off the warning lights. They had to replace several feet of wiring in both directions where the remote wiring had been spliced into the trucks wireloom.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remote starts get such a bad name because of incompetent ********* installing them and screwing everything up.