Stripped screw threading in manifold - YAY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rebel Project

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That might make it a bit more difficult,lol. I never filled the holes,so it was easy to tap them with a 1/4-20 bottoming tap,i'm curious on how it goes for you,so keep us updated on your progress.
Re-epoxied and tapped with a couple studs. that definitely did the trick. Side note: My Ram PCM never took to the Jet throttle body so I'm sending it back. kept the spacer though. $90 - why not

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Re-epoxied and tapped with a couple studs. that definitely did the trick. Side note: My Ram PCM never took to the Jet throttle body so I'm sending it back. kept the spacer though. $90 - why not
Glad it worked out for you,way cheaper then scrounging up another manifold. I'm tempted to do the other 2,but so far they're holding.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep. JB Weld to the rescue! Yeah great product.

Here's a chuckle: I bought a vehicle from a guy who was a drywall worker. Nice guy, but there were drywall screws all over the place on this particular truck. Holding on the taillights, door trim, etc. His wife managed to break both mirrors and each mirror had about 8 drywall screws through the plastic to hold the head on! LOL. Fortunately not into the door panel. Nothing fell off, but it took me a good 1/2 a day going around removing drywall screws and swapping the 'right' screws in.

Glad you got the TB back in place.

OP
OP
R

Rebel Project

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yep. JB Weld to the rescue! Yeah great product.

Here's a chuckle: I bought a vehicle from a guy who was a drywall worker. Nice guy, but there were drywall screws all over the place on this particular truck. Holding on the taillights, door trim, etc. His wife managed to break both mirrors and each mirror had about 8 drywall screws through the plastic to hold the head on! LOL. Fortunately not into the door panel. Nothing fell off, but it took me a good 1/2 a day going around removing drywall screws and swapping the 'right' screws in.

Glad you got the TB back in place.
Ha! Sounds like something I might've tried before internet and SME forums!

OP
OP
R

Rebel Project

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So the studs worked and I put the stock throttle body back on. After all that headache, my PCM would just not take to the Jet throttle body. Anyway, thanks to all for the quick replies and great advice!
Jon