Strobe placement ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mittens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v Cummins
For rear facing I think a bar mounted high in the back window. I'm kinda struggling with the front though. I don't like the look of aftermarket lights on the grill. Maybe a few hide-aways that poke thru won't be too noticeable. I'd really like to have strobing clearance lights, but none are made for the 2nd gen. I could probably make them myself, but the difuser in the stock housing would degrade the strobe intensity... and mainly it'd just be allot of effort. I might put one one each mirror too. Anyone have ideas or pics for this particular truck?

This is the bar I plan on getting.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Do you have a headache rack that could be used as a mounting point for both front and rear facing lights?

OP
OP
Mittens

Mittens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v Cummins
Do you have a headache rack that could be used as a mounting point for both front and rear facing lights?
I don’t. I’ve thought of that though. While it’d make it much easier, I don’t think I want to go that rout… I want to keep it from looking that much like a work truck if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Mittens

Mittens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v Cummins
I'm now having trouble figuring out how strobes work. I was assuming that the lights themselves were just simple lights (pos and neg) and they were flashed by the controller in the cab. But it seems theat every light says it has x number of flash patterns. Where are the "smarts" in these systems? does each light have a processor in it?

Edit: It appears that about every strobe (on reasonably findable sites/brands) does have smarts inside. I did find replacement strobes for the above mentioned product, and it is, indeed, a regular ol' +/- light. Now it's just a matter of whether or not that controller unit can handle double the current per circuit (I guess the "smarts" could be elsewhere inside the housing though). The response to my emailed query was: "I would keep the if you by the TA Unit i would keep it just for the unit do to wire size." They have a good reputation though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mop