Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finney83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hiya all,

It's time to replace the suspension on my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 ST quad cab(4x4, 5.7 with 3.5 rear).

I'm looking to upgrade the struts, with something a bit beefier(im ok with the ride being stiffer). I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for/at, when it comes to getting heavier duty springs for both front and back as well as shocks(my intent is not to carry are a heavier load or pull one). I am adding a basic plow set up(as I've moved and now how a ridiculously long unpaved drive(which I intend on leaving unpaved)). Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilstein uses a 550lb spring on the 6112. Icon uses a heavier 600lb spring I think so icon may be a better option. @ram1500rsm do you remember the spring rate on the icons. Eibach rear springs are 1” or so taller and 10% heavier load which isn’t bad for an empty truck. That’s what I run in the rear on my truck. If you run bilstein up front you can set to stock height or bump it up slightly. Same with icon. You definitely want the larger shock body if you plan on running the plow.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilstein uses a 550lb spring on the 6112. Icon uses a heavier 600lb spring I think so icon may be a better option. @ram1500rsm do you remember the spring rate on the icons. Eibach rear springs are 1” or so taller and 10% heavier load which isn’t bad for an empty truck. That’s what I run in the rear on my truck. If you run bilstein up front you can set to stock height or bump it up slightly. Same with icon. You definitely want the larger shock body if you plan on running the plow.
Yep, Icon CO's come with 13" free length/650lbs springs