Sub install for reg cab??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a “10 reg cab 1500 and want to do a sub install. I have the alpine system single din with I think 7 speakers. Three in the dash two in the doors and two behind the seats in the pillars. I’m looking at adding bass so I was thinking a sub. I’ll also be upgrading all the speakers adding a amp for them using the stock head unit I hope. Question is I can’t find a sub enclosure that fits. Does anyone know of one that will look factory like the one that came in the srt10’s and sound good. My music is mostly old rock but will occasionally listen to my kids music. I was also thinking of just putting woofers in the rear pillars for some more bass.
What’s everyone’s thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I pulled the tray out of the back and built a ported box behind the driver's seat. The sub was directly behind the console. Or you could get a powered hideaway sub for under your seat. Depends how much boom you want.

OP
OP
R

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I seen the fox box, but you do lose the storage box. It almost looks like there should be a sub that slides in the storage box similar to the srt10’s.

And what’s up with that seat belt back there?? Mines missing and there just a hole in the back of that cover

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the 10in version of this. Puts out nice clean bass. It fits directly in the stock storage box behind my seats. I didn't want to lose the storage box. Amp is under my driver seat so wiring is very minimal

MidwestJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rockville slim-line powered sub?

Under seat or behind back

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Its like a ported box, only uses the passive , really helps keep enclosure small and no port noise.

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have a “10 reg cab 1500 and want to do a sub install. I have the alpine system single din with I think 7 speakers. Three in the dash two in the doors and two behind the seats in the pillars. I’m looking at adding bass so I was thinking a sub. I’ll also be upgrading all the speakers adding a amp for them using the stock head unit I hope. Question is I can’t find a sub enclosure that fits. Does anyone know of one that will look factory like the one that came in the srt10’s and sound good. My music is mostly old rock but will occasionally listen to my kids music. I was also thinking of just putting woofers in the rear pillars for some more bass.
What’s everyone’s thoughts??

I currently have this 10" Kicker Powered Subwoofer in mine. Also you can always have a stereo shop build you a box for a 10" or 12" subwoofer.
upload_2019-1-13_12-11-37.jpeg

OP
OP
R

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I’m all done doin speakers. Put pioneer ts a692c’s &f’s in and kappa’s up on the dash. Now waiting for audio control lc4.800 amp to go in. I’m hoping that should do it since that has a whole lot of power but if it don’t I’ll be doin the small sub. I see alpine has a small 8”

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I’m all done doin speakers. Put pioneer ts a692c’s &f’s in and kappa’s up on the dash. Now waiting for audio control lc4.800 amp to go in. I’m hoping that should do it since that has a whole lot of power but if it don’t I’ll be doin the small sub. I see alpine has a small 8”

That's great. I was also looking at Audio Control amps LC-6.1200. These amps have internal summing so instead of the factory radio signal (which limits high or low freq to certain speakers) you get a nice clean full signal to all speakers. In the end I think you will end up adding a subwoofer to even out the low end. Excellent choice and good luck