Subscribing to UConnect, the good/bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Greetings all

2019 Bighorn purchased last October. My UConnect free subscription is coming to an end this year and I’m trying to decide whether to renew it.
Curious to hear from folks here who renewed it and keep it active. Is it worth the $$$?
For me.. I absolutely love the remote start feature from afar.. as well as the vehicle health reports and the ability to have the truck always located.
Just not sure if all that is worth what it costs to keep it going.
Thanks for any input.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I let mine expire on my 2019 Classic.
I like the health reports, but that's about it. The EVIC can read me tire pressure and oil changes, and a check engine light will come on if there is an issue.
I've had three Rams, never used the SOS or assistance, and I've just never reordered the Uconnect.

OP
OP
condor767

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I let mine expire on my 2019 Classic.
I like the health reports, but that's about it. The EVIC can read me tire pressure and oil changes, and a check engine light will come on if there is an issue.
I've had three Rams, never used the SOS or assistance, and I've just never reordered the Uconnect.

Thanks Graygoose... I think the best feature is the remote start. But not sure it’s worth it for the $$$.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks Graygoose... I think the best feature is the remote start. But not sure it’s worth it for the $$$.
years ago, wife's Hyundai came with one, half the time it didn't work, or I didn't wanna start it a long ways away, so never used it either LOL

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I let mine expire. For $5 a month or so I’d keep it but not for $20. The commands sent from my phone didn’t work more often than they did.

I still get monthly health reports though

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The health reports don't stop. I live in Florida so the remote start wasn't an issue for me. Didn't renew on Ram and didn't renew on my Impala.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Greetings all

2019 Bighorn purchased last October. My UConnect free subscription is coming to an end this year and I’m trying to decide whether to renew it.
Curious to hear from folks here who renewed it and keep it active. Is it worth the $$$?
For me.. I absolutely love the remote start feature from afar.. as well as the vehicle health reports and the ability to have the truck always located.
Just not sure if all that is worth what it costs to keep it going.
Thanks for any input.

Hi,
Please let me know if you have any questions about the features within the Uconnect App. I would be happy to help!

Alison
RamCares

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
Hi,
Please let me know if you have any questions about the features within the Uconnect App. I would be happy to help!

Alison
RamCares
How about voice to text? If I had known it was disabled when I ordered my truck I would not have wasted my money on this system. Not to mention the side view cameras time out when I need them most, also rendering them worthless for viewing trailer curb clearance. Who designs this stuff???

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
How about voice to text? If I had known it was disabled when I ordered my truck I would not have wasted my money on this system. Not to mention the side view cameras time out when I need them most, also rendering them worthless for viewing trailer curb clearance. Who designs this stuff???

Hi,

Please send me your VIN, I would be happy to look at the options for your voice to text concerns.

Alison
RamCares

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca