Does anyone know how to disable the truck from sending health report and other info back to ram ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beck2596

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not servicing my truck at my dealer, with my last truck I made the mistake to buy the service up front and what a waste of time that was. so this one I am doing the service myself. But I am tired of receiving health reports from ram and mail from my dealer, that they can see it is time for service. Does anyone know how to disable the truck being able to communicate with RAM. I don't care about resale value etc. ill keep it till it is dead. it a 2022 with the 8.4 screen if that is of some help. there must be a GSM module somewhere ? also has anyone found out how to disable the 3 honk when key leaves the truck, mine hook very often when key is still in truck, and dealer can not fix it.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
The reports to ram will stop at 5 years or out of warranty mileage. To stop it before then you would need to modify your over the air update capabilities. Probably something you may choose not to do.

As to the beep, you could try alfaobd, but I'm uncertain how to adjust

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I think that reporting to Ram Headquarters & thus the dealership is done through Uconnect 5 or Sirius Guardian.
It is a Subscription feature, stop paying for it & you will no longer receive any mail, except for Recalls, CSNs, TSBs, etc.

I never signed up for any subscription services, so i never got any

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think that reporting to Ram Headquarters & thus the dealership is done through Uconnect 5 or Sirius Guardian.
It is a Subscription feature, stop paying for it & you will no longer receive any mail, except for Recalls, CSNs, etc.

I never signed up for any subscription services, so i never got any
I never got any for my 18 2500 Laramie either. But I'm getting them for my 22 Ltd Longhorn, and I'm sure not paying for any Ram/uConnect/Guradian services. It's less than a year old though, so I'm hoping it's just some free activation that will go away late this year. Would be nice to be able to block it though.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
also has anyone found out how to disable the 3 honk when key leaves the truck, mine hook very often when key is still in truck, and dealer can not fix it.
Yeah, lots of us hate that feature. There is some kind of work around involving some corvette parts, but you can't just disable it. Leave the door open and it doesn't happen. Someone says that if you hold your key fob up to the back door window as you're outside the truck and closing the door, that will defeat it also.

Last edited:

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am not servicing my truck at my dealer, with my last truck I made the mistake to buy the service up front and what a waste of time that was. so this one I am doing the service myself. But I am tired of receiving health reports from ram and mail from my dealer, that they can see it is time for service. Does anyone know how to disable the truck being able to communicate with RAM. I don't care about resale value etc. ill keep it till it is dead. it a 2022 with the 8.4 screen if that is of some help. there must be a GSM module somewhere ? also has anyone found out how to disable the 3 honk when key leaves the truck, mine hook very often when key is still in truck, and dealer can not fix it.

you are getting it because either you or your dealer added your email address to uconnect site/app.

You can stop getting those reports by going to bottom of the email and click the unsubscribe message. As for dealer emails. It should be the same.

Turn off the hooking, it should be setting in the setting options. I turned that off as soon as I got the keys.

You might want keep getting the reports though, and uconnect updates.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like to get the monthly reports but as mentioned, they do have an unsubscribe option in the signature line. This is from my May report;

FCA unsubscribe.jpg

If you're on the FCA Spam list, it also has the unsubscribe options at the bottom of the signature line.

FCA Spam unsub.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beck2596

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have already opt-out of emails, but still gets alerts and emails, truck more than 1 year old so no going away after 1 year and never signet up or paid for anything. in my 22 there is no option in setting to disconnect horn for key missing. I'll look around and let you guys know if I can find a way to disconnect.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also has anyone found out how to disable the 3 honk when key leaves the truck, mine hook very often when key is still in truck, and dealer can not fix it.

I found this solution that supposedly works. You have to join this site to see the attachments.

Also, check this post.

yrraljguthrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
etorque5.7
If no one entered your email address, either you or the dealer then you can NOT get updates. Just delete your email address in the software and close any phone apps that may be updating the email. This is not a hardware or software problem it is a people problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517