Sucks to be poor - Rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Unfortunately, the prices haven't gone down, but the used market went through the roof.. supply and demand.. people can't afford new, so they buy used, used prices go crazy..
When I bought my 22 I was looking at 2021 but the price of used trucks was the same as New with some 20K miles so I put deposit on the 22 as it was coming off the assembly line, I was also glad it arrived before interest rates went crazy to where I chose to not pay cash, I got a loan with 2.49% interest rate, I make more money from my high yield saving account at 5.05 APY then what I pay in interest on the truck loan so why would I want to pay it off.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Jane S .. Thanks for the suggestion, BUT ..

The last time that i crossed the Mexican Border, i went to a dentist in Calexico, that was around 1969.
I was living about 40 miles north of El Centro, California at the time.

Just about that same time, the Federales were chasing long haired Hippies out of Mexico, not just American Hippies, but Hippies from all over the world.
I have not crossed the Border since then, my hair is at the bottom of my shoulder blades & my beard is below my shoulders :)

This picture was taken 9 years ago & i still have not cut it

fesr.jpg

Last edited:

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Err no had family that did this, the fool in MX screwed up the work they did and would up with a mouth infection...

That's probably your family's fault. You are given a script for meds and you have to take them - all of them.

It's surgery - that means cutting, blood and there are germs in everyone's mouth.

When I was there I met people from Canada, California and other places.

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jane S .. Thanks for the suggestion, BUT ..

The last time that i crossed the Mexican Border, i went to a dentist in Calexico, that was around 1969.
I was living about 40 miles north of El Centro, California at the time.

Just about that same time, the Federales were chasing long haired Hippies out of Mexico, not just American Hippies, but Hippies from all over the world.
I have not crossed the Border since then, my hair is at the bottom of my shoulder blades & my beard is below my shoulders :)

This picture was taken 9 years ago & i still have not cut it

View attachment 520487

You'd fit in now ... most are retirees.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm kicking myself for not finding a way to buy that lightly used '22 TRX w/ only 5K miles on a local lot. They were only asking $86K. Relatively speaking that was a hell of a deal. I drooled over that pristine machine for a couple of weeks and couldn't figure out a way to afford it before somebody bought it.
I was in the dealership yesterday, and while waiting, seen a new yellow TRX with a sold sign on it.
It was not there 2 days before, Sales guy said it sold with one phone call, $140,000 Ca
Don't know if that was with tax or not (11%) I was afraid to ask. Only one I have ever seen.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
but i may buy some dental implants instead.

If you can - go to Mexico - across from Yuma, Az and save a fortune. I just did it. I have a RV so no real cost except for gas for me.

Pickup $40k
RV $30k
Fuel $200
Mexican dental implants $500

getting hepatitis in Mexico while trying to save a dollar on dental work…… priceless!

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was in the dealership yesterday, and while waiting, seen a new yellow TRX with a sold sign on it.
It was not there 2 days before, Sales guy said it sold with one phone call, $140,000 Ca
Don't know if that was with tax or not (11%) I was afraid to ask. Only one I have ever seen.

Went by local dealer today to pick up my neighbor. Salesman looks at my 03 1500 with 94k miles and offers me 16k trade in.
Sorry. Don't want your POS and $800 car payments.

CodingChris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Guess I'm old. This happened in the late 70s & early 80s. Everything cost so much, people couldn't afford to buy much of anything. It caused about a decade of recession.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When I bought my 22 I was looking at 2021 but the price of used trucks was the same as New with some 20K miles so I put deposit on the 22 as it was coming off the assembly line, I was also glad it arrived before interest rates went crazy to where I chose to not pay cash, I got a loan with 2.49% interest rate, I make more money from my high yield saving account at 5.05 APY then what I pay in interest on the truck loan so why would I want to pay it off.
All of the comments just suggest that everyone on the forum has different situations. A bad decision by one person doesn't mean it's bad for someone else. I can afford to drive whatever I want,have a business to deduct all expenses with the truck and just like the piece of mind of a newer vehicle. A live full time in my truck and TC so I'm not going to go cheap and drive something 10 years old with 150k miles. Just my preference.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Judging by this discussion, it is obvious that The System is not working for the vast majority of Americans. Wages have not kept up with the cost of living. Minimum wage would be $26 an hour if it had. Corporations are making record profits and that includes car makers. Covid and supply chain interruptions were the perfect excuse to raise prices and not negotiate. The middle class continues to decline. The amount of people that can afford a new vehicle or a new house are very good indicators of how Americans are doing. Voting is how you make your voice heard. Now is the time for the Labor Movement to gain some strength.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my 2019 DT truck, April 2018 early build in Aug 2018. Between trading in my ED and rebates, out the door on a CC for $12,500. No way would I make payments for 6-7 years at ridiculous rates and payments. Just a BOIRD I guess, LOL. And, I got the ride for 41K, 7K off MSRP. No way, could I go on a lot now and pay what they want. Once in a Blue Moon I go look at stuff and just marvel at the 63-70K prices on trucks these days.

ADDED: For giggles, I did go and look at a Toyota 1794 Edition truck, what a purty vehicle. But the MSRP was 67K +++. Was also looking for giggles at a 2022 Sierra 1500 at local dealership. MSRP 63K, dealership said give for 60K. Lots of Bling, but had the friggin 5.3 EcoTec in it. THE only way I would even consider was because the AFM/DFM was disabled. But they wanted to short change me on trade in, wanted at least 5K down, and $500 plus payments for like 6 years, oh yeah, may explain why my now 5 year old RAM still parked out front, hee hee. I do go to look at nice stuff, and watch the BS they try and pull, between the sales man, and the famed let me go and talk to my boss line to see how we can help you, and the also real famous new vehicle working declaration page, OMG just so funny.

Last edited:

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You may wanna get a new tax advisor/accountant.
Why would that be necessary. Please tell me you know that if you have a business and purchase a truck over 6k lbs you can deduct full price of the vehicle from your revenue in the first year or o er several years. You probably don't own a business and if you do you need a new accountant or tax advisor. Stick to mechanical issues you are out of your league on business matters.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would that be necessary. Please tell me you know that if you have a business and purchase a truck over 6k lbs you can deduct full price of the vehicle from your revenue in the first year or o er several years. You probably don't own a business and if you do you need a new accountant or tax advisor. Stick to mechanical issues you are out of your league on business matters.

Lmao, I arrest my case!

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
my Powerwagon cost exactly $100,000 canadian.my wife bought it for me.
My wife "might" be able to buy me a large fountain drink at the convenience store. On a good day. Maybe.

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Voting is how you make your voice heard. Now is the time for the Labor Movement to gain some strength.
The Labor movement almost completely destroyed American vehicle production not too many years ago. The Japanese benefitted greatly from their abuses.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man you must be a Sunday day drinker.

Sorry, let me clarify. There’s more to it than just owning a business (highly doubt) and purchasing a vehicle over 6k gvwr.

Get someone to review IRS documents with you, start with 946 chapter 5 and 463. Don’t forget to review usage and record keeping guidelines you will need table 5-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca