Suggestions on my trade for new 4th gen?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
Don't let them **** around with interest rates and payments. Make them give you the bottom line price. I would get a truck without all those add-ons which are marked up a lot more than you buying yourself. Build the truck how you want it over time.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Like I said, you have to go back several times. Show them you're serious, but make them earn your business.

Agreed, take out the accessories.

That "sticker" that it shows online is probably less the current incentives, (there's no way the one you're looking at is $3k less than mine) so it's actually a $61K truck. You get $8500 off, plus another $1500 for trading in a truck. But those are Chryslers incentives, the dealer has to kick some in too.

OP
OP
L

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Like I said, you have to go back several times. Show them you're serious, but make them earn your business.

Agreed, take out the accessories.

That "sticker" that it shows online is probably less the current incentives, (there's no way the one you're looking at is $3k less than mine) so it's actually a $61K truck. You get $8500 off, plus another $1500 for trading in a truck. But those are Chryslers incentives, the dealer has to kick some in too.

I am going to work on them...they think they can sucker a guy that just walks in thinking he doesn't do his homework lol...anyways that sticker price is believable even if it is $3k less then what you paid. Given the area(im dealing in manitoba but will be registering in ontario) not to mention time of the year and late season purchase it is possible that is their current "sticker" price even without a trade in. That price was there long before I ever walked in. Given saying that I should be able to work them to a price more around that range after removing the accessories and then adding my trade in. Even building this very truck online then recalculating my current trade in value and prices for the area im in I should be able to get this truck between $45-50k which would be a much more reasonable price.

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
What is the MSRP on the truck? I pitted three dealers against each other for a week until I went with another family-friend owned dealer who gave me a truck for 30 400$ MSRP 44 000 $. I pay 167$ bi-weekly. Make them bring that down, you can, they can, and there are deals on the ram (most of the time). Good luck, and check out other dealers too, they can match and beat the same deal on the same truck (they can find them all over and will ship them in).

Kenny kustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
What is the MSRP on the truck? I pitted three dealers against each other for a week until I went with another family-friend owned dealer who gave me a truck for 30 400$ MSRP 44 000 $. I pay 167$ bi-weekly. Make them bring that down, you can, they can, and there are deals on the ram (most of the time). Good luck, and check out other dealers too, they can match and beat the same deal on the same truck (they can find them all over and will ship them in).

That's kinda how I got my deal. Got a " walk away " price from one dealer, but the colour wasn't right.

Took that quote to another dealer, which had the right colour. They matched it.
They weren't happy, but they did.

Fullmetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hope you can land the Sport but I am curious that you mentioned it has 3.55 gears. I thought the Sports only had 3.21s or 3.92s, at least with the 8 speed. Is this a 6speed you are looking at? If so they should give you more of a discount I think because I don't think there are too many 2014 Sport 6speeds out there.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Hope you can land the Sport but I am curious that you mentioned it has 3.55 gears. I thought the Sports only had 3.21s or 3.92s, at least with the 8 speed. Is this a 6speed you are looking at? If so they should give you more of a discount I think because I don't think there are too many 2014 Sport 6speeds out there.

They have all 3 it does seem to be a rarity though.

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow hearing that makes me happy I live where I do. That is insane for a 1/2 ton truck.

OP
OP
L

LIVINtheLIFE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I backed out...didn't feel right even when I asked to take off accessories...Im gunna look into a diesel it suits my needs more anyways.