Sunroof people

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My sunroof is acting weird... this is my first sunroof ever so I don't know a thing about them.

You know how you can just pop the up but not open. I will have it up...then try and close it, it will close...then open right back up. Does it sometimes...then sometimes it works fine.

Then... when I open it all the way. It will open fine then stop shy of the full open position. Then I hit the open button again it will be fully slid back.

Then...when I go to close it when its fully open, it will go, then stop half way. I hit the close button again it will close all the way.

Whats wrong with it? Bad motor? Bad switch? There a relay somewere?

I just don't wanna be somewere then it no close and it start raining...thats a bad day

Thanks

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first 3 you mentioned, mine does. The last one mine closes with one button push.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
lube it and see if it makes a difference. I used a thick grease like white lithium grease. If that doesn't work maybe the switch is bad. Is it factory?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think so lol. I would do a full lube on the slides. And remember to clear out the drains!!! They will pour water inside the truck if they are clogged!!!

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Yeah, I've heard you have to clear out the drains. Maybe it's just because mine is newer, but I don't experience anything like that and I use mine A LOT.

My bet is that something is in there that is messing with the sensors, maybe a leaf or twig or something. If it's not that then it could be the motor going out.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yeah my previous truck did all that except the last one. It's would shut completely with the push of one button

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Looks like I'll be lubbing up...and cleaning some holes! ha

Thanks guys...and yes its factory!

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you clean the drain tubes, I just used an air compressor and a high pressure spray nozzle. The back 2 drains are a pain to get to...

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
"Then... when I open it all the way. It will open fine then stop shy of the full open position. Then I hit the open button again it will be fully slid back."

This one is by design so if you dont have any windows open you wont get any buffering. as for the rest I would first clean the tracks and drains and lube it up. Good Luck.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
The only thing I see odd in your post is the reopening when you hit the close. But don't know what that could be. The stopping shy of fully opening, and only closing half way are completely normal and just set areas incase you don't want it fully open. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASFREAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS 6.7
I can't get mine to open completely. How do you do it? I've tried it with windows up, windows down, etc........ The shade retracts completely though. Thanx!

Last edited: