Super Charging 2500 6.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wont quote all that but awesome! Besides the few procharged guys, you have to have the fastest 6.4 Ram out there. Your build is the standard now haha

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
The guys at Procharger are going to be using my 2020 6.4 Power Wagon for beta testing. Everything is included, installation, tuning, testing and the SC at the end. Truck goes in the first part of March and they'll have it from 3-6 weeks.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The guys at Procharger are going to be using my 2020 6.4 Power Wagon for beta testing. Everything is included, installation, tuning, testing and the SC at the end. Truck goes in the first part of March and they'll have it from 3-6 weeks.

You lucky SOB!

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
I still can't believe they chose me. I NEVER win or get chosen for anything. I called one day to see if they had a kit for my PW. Perry said no but would I like to learn about their BETA testing. I said sure. I gave him my contact info and before I had gotten off the phone I had been contacted by Procharger explaining in detail what would be required of me and what I would get in return. I answered immediately with "count me in". Now I have to sit here all juiced up and have to wait for March!!!!

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You are a lucky *******! If possible, I would suggest installing a wideband O2 before the truck goes in. Unless they are already going to do that as well:) It's really critical to keep the AF in check and I'd sure what to see if it was ever running lean under boost. Otherwise the pistons will let you know it's lean and you don't want that :)

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I still can't believe they chose me. I NEVER win or get chosen for anything. I called one day to see if they had a kit for my PW. Perry said no but would I like to learn about their BETA testing. I said sure. I gave him my contact info and before I had gotten off the phone I had been contacted by Procharger explaining in detail what would be required of me and what I would get in return. I answered immediately with "count me in". Now I have to sit here all juiced up and have to wait for March!!!!

soon as they market that I will be buying this kit for my wagon. I been waiting since 2019 for this lol. And now I’m glad I didn’t sell for a TRX.

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
You are a lucky *******! If possible, I would suggest installing a wideband O2 before the truck goes in. Unless they are already going to do that as well:) It's really critical to keep the AF in check and I'd sure what to see if it was ever running lean under boost. Otherwise the pistons will let you know it's lean and you don't want that :)

I'm not certain but I think that they really just want my truck for fitment so that they can make sure it fits. I'm relatively certain that the mounting will be different than the 18s. The winch plays a part in this surprisingly enough. In 2019 or 20 they downsized the winch from 12,000lb Warn to a 10,000lb Warn. Then there's cracking into the PCM to program. I'm just hoping whatever they come up with doesn't destroy any part of the driveline. Seeing as how I'm older and not interested in drag racing every weekend, hopefully drivetrain life won't be an issue.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm not certain but I think that they really just want my truck for fitment so that they can make sure it fits. I'm relatively certain that the mounting will be different than the 18s. The winch plays a part in this surprisingly enough. In 2019 or 20 they downsized the winch from 12,000lb Warn to a 10,000lb Warn. Then there's cracking into the PCM to program. I'm just hoping whatever they come up with doesn't destroy any part of the driveline. Seeing as how I'm older and not interested in drag racing every weekend, hopefully drivetrain life won't be an issue.

mine is 19 and has the Zeon 12k winch. Must be the 20.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.

First off, awesome that they're looking at developing a kit for us and a huge THANK YOU to you for lending them the keys to your truck for their R&D!

Now, I have first-hand experience with lending vehicles out for company R&D purposes. Have done it for exhausts, intakes, dyno testing for tunes, TT kits, bumpers, a lot. I will say, whatever time duration they tell you they'll need your truck for, double it. No, triple it. Negotiate a rental car or truck out of it, seriously. I realize you'll be "the first to have their kit" and will "get it for free", but I guarantee you there will be times when you regret handing over the keys. Be ready for all the issues that come with "being the first", like check engine lights, limp modes, mapping issues, etc that always tend to happen for "being the first".

Not trying to talk you out of it by any means, just trying to give you first hand experience and trying to educate you a bit as I've been in your position before. Being the "first" also meant I had to let these companies use my vehicles at promotional events. Don't get me wrong, I had some pretty cool experiences and had a booth car at Sema a few years ago, with a free room in Vegas, free meals, drinks, the whole nine. Was cool, but looking back, it definitely took a lot of time and dedication. Who knows, maybe your situation will be different, but again just giving you a heads up man. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk about it a little more.

Good luck!! Definitely pumped to hear Procharger has something lined up for us!

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
Gamedog,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm totally new to this beta thing and now hoping I don't run into too many issues because I do use the truck for pulling toys and just driving around because it's the coolest looking truck Ram has produced (IMHO). My wife and get compliments every time we drive it.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Any updates on this?

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi

Any update?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I am curious about why the OP would ant to SC a 2500. Any reason is a good reason since it is their money. Just wondering.

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
I spoke with Walt from Procharger and he told me that they are behind on my Power Wagon due to staffing due to, you guessed it, COVID. They must be nearing completion though because he said they save sending the PCM for cracking until last so that they can move the truck around while doing the installation. He also said that the install should be complete soon.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am curious about why the OP would ant to SC a 2500.

????

As opposed to:
  • Turbocharging
  • Nitrous
  • Boring and stroking, along with higher compression, cam, better cooling, etc
  • Just replacing the whole motor with a turbine jet engine.
??

Or...???

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Yup, or ...

ljones135

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi e-Torque
The main reason I'm supercharging my Power Wagon is more horsepower. Getting the SC from Procharger, for way less money than the other methods or general public, is another factor.