Supreme Suspension 3" spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kellyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Hey everyone, just need some opinions on something. I purchased a set of 3" billet coil spacers from Supreme Suspension on Amazon. The description says it is not a 1 to 1 ratio for lift. Well, I kind of expected if it says 3" it should be 3" in height. I measured it and it's actually 2" minus the 1/5" groove underneath and I'm left with 1.5". Am I overlooking something? I don't know if I received the wrong part or what. How can it be advertised as 3" when it only measures 2"?
I'm not going to be the one to install them so I'm not sure what will need to be done but in order to level out my truck I would need a minimum of 3" in front.

Thanks!
Kelly

1997 Dodge Ram
1500 2wd
5.2 L

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
It has to do with the coil spring on your truck already, that compresses only so much and gives the desired 3 inch of lift with the spacer stacked on top. There is only so much room in the spring coil area for compression.

I just did this on my dodge 2wd dually with a 1.5 inch spacer, did a 3 inch spacer on the dodge 4x4 flat bed and have done lowering springs on the dodge blue lowered ram.

Look up fatbobs 2wd spacers install on forum it explains the whole procedure

Bwiggins1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0TD
It has to do with the coil spring on your truck already, that compresses only so much and gives the desired 3 inch of lift with the spacer stacked on top. There is only so much room in the spring coil area for compression.

I just did this on my dodge 2wd dually with a 1.5 inch spacer, did a 3 inch spacer on the dodge 4x4 flat bed and have done lowering springs on the dodge blue lowered ram.

Look up fatbobs 2wd spacers install on forum it explains the whole procedure

Do you have any pictures of the install on your dually? I am trying to lift my dually right now. I was thinking the 2.5” or 3” on mine.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I only lifted the front with a coil spacer, the rear I added main leafs to the spring pack at a local spring shop. The pic I've attached probably wont be much help, but only one I have did the ball joints at the same time.IMG_0734 (1).JPG

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Hey everyone, just need some opinions on something. I purchased a set of 3" billet coil spacers from Supreme Suspension on Amazon. The description says it is not a 1 to 1 ratio for lift. Well, I kind of expected if it says 3" it should be 3" in height. I measured it and it's actually 2" minus the 1/5" groove underneath and I'm left with 1.5". Am I overlooking something? I don't know if I received the wrong part or what. How can it be advertised as 3" when it only measures 2"?
I'm not going to be the one to install them so I'm not sure what will need to be done but in order to level out my truck I would need a minimum of 3" in front.

Thanks!
Kelly

1997 Dodge Ram
1500 2wd
5.2 L

The reason why it isn't a "1 to 1 lift" is because of the geometry of the front suspension. For an overly simplified geometry lesson - if you have an arm that is 18" long - if the height of the left end is fixed, and you move the center point down 1 1/2", the right end will move down 3". To apply it to the front end - the inner control arm end is fixed, and if the spring pocket is roughly centered between the inner control arm bushing and the ball joints - so if you lower the spring pocket with the spacer 1 1/2" the spindle will lower 3". If you look at the pic DodgeTx posted, you can see what I am talking about - the spring (pocket) is roughly centered between the control arm (inner) bushings and the ball joints.

Same thing happens when you raise/lower the rear of a vehicle. I read people complaining they installed a 4" drop front spring hanger, but it only dropped 2". Why would it change any more than that - they only did half the job! Same thing - 30" spring, axle centered, if you move only one end 4" the center only moves 2". To get a true 4" drop - or raise - you must move BOTH ends 4" to get a 4" change. Simple geometry.