SWAPPING PARTS .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OH & TODAY I DID MAKE IT BACK TO THE RAM CHARGER FOR A LOOK SEE...
I pulled the GLOVE BOX & IT's the same color as my D250.
... so I'll get a set of nice Sun Visors also . .& A new correct color Ash Tray. My trucks is broken.
.... & Last night when TRoy & I were letting him Drive the D250 WAS REALLY HAVING ISSUES with it's transmission .. & SO He'll get a lesson in swapping a 707 Trans pretty fast I'm sure ..
... Because in about 40 days we'll have a big field of Sudan Round Bales of hay to haul in.
This old D250 Has a flat bed & a Hay Spear on it's back SO TRoy can can haul about 40 to 75 big round bales of hay to the house . & Back up & Stack them ..
If this next 727 Holds up he should get his fill of learning to drive .

The 727 3 speed automatic transmission is of the Simpson design, invented in 1955.... compactly using only 2 planetary gear sets, 2 clutch packs and 2 bands.... very simple design. The other prevalent transmission in use was/is the Raveneaux design... Ford's 4R75W, Gm's Powerglide were this design.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Sherman that's a neat story I didn't know they were close to the same designs.
I started in the parts business in 1967 . But as I've done a lot of mechanicing I've never conquered the auto trans .
... Sherman I have an old hemi 1956 & I want to put a Power Glide behind it.
But don't read too much into this post. That's another project & I'm 71years old & MY WIFE IS TELLING me I can't start any more projects .
SHE Best hope I don't stumble over a perfect rat rod.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SO GRAND SON & I WERE USING MY dODGE PICKUP YESTERDAY & It just died .. Didn't want to restart . It was Idling as we were trying to push a big tractor tire..
SO It wouldn't start on 6 or 10 trys. SO I got the grand Son to wiggle one of the wires going to the coil. Don't know if it was the issue but it fired right up ..
.. ANY One else had an issue like that ..
OH That wire had had a new end put on it at some time .That's why I went to it 1st.
.. That wire just had a new crimp style EYELET end on it .
I believe I'll replave that EYELET .

Last edited: