Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this completely off topic but since there's a group of veterans on here do any of you have USAA insurance? Been thinking about changeing insurance companies.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I do and they've been fantastic for me !
Auto wise we've hit deer 3 times .
Home we had siding , roof and multiple widows replaced due to hail storms .

USAA takes good care of you Imo [emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
LoL yeah, another 9 months and I’m completely out of debt.

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40
2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Amsoil SS 5W-30
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30
Damn dude !
I feel your pain , my ex-wife cost me $79k out of pocket .
That won't happen again !

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Oil industry experts have weighed in and said they will have to use other oil groupings for the newest gf-6 spec, as in pao and/or esters, and even added GtL as an option. They say this because they just can't get ground oil group 3 stout enough to protect metal at the weight of gf-6. How GtL can be part of that is a mystery to me, but we will actually be seeing true quality come back to oil but it will actually be otc oil and not just boutique's.

Now, the monkey in the wrench is one industry expert has hinted they may have a gf-6A and a gf-6B, with the B as the one needing pao/esters in order to protect timing chains and lowering the standard for gf-6a, or having thinner oils use the B. So oil guys may actually thank the gov't for their intervention as oil quality may increase significantly.
That is scary stuff. I couldn't pull up the .pdf on my phone, but I'll take your word for it. Did they say anything about backwards compatibility? Will these new oils take the place of, or exist alongside current oils?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I have AAA ins and because I have been with them for 20 years plus and zero accidents, I pay super low rates plus very high liability amounts. They wont even let me have a German Shepard so I priced out other ins, after I saw the difference I said to hell with the dog, lol. 600 dollars for a 4x4 with a million dollars liability for a year, yeah match that. It's 500k liability they allow you to bump up to a mil with a umbrella policy for 200 bucks a year. Home ins is low as well.

When your grown and handle your business, life is good.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Rampant try and google that and see if you can find it. Yes they address backward compatibility. If you can't find it I will try later...

Really completely describes oils that will be on every shelf and what they are trying to achieve.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I never did use them. My parents had a life insurance account on me from birth with State Farm, so I stuck with them. I've checked rates at USAA and other companies over the years and have found a few marginally cheaper. I've had some expensive claims over the years (two Ducatis and a brand new '95 Mustang stolen, my house was hit by a hurricane in FL, and a bunch of other smaller comp stuff) They have never given me any **** or raised my rates after a claim, but I've never had an accident (that was my fault) and only two tickets in my life.

One of the Ducatis was very rare. They couldn't find a comparable one locally, so they found one in Long Beach, CA. They flew me out there (airfare, rental, hotel, food) just to look at it and after I approved, they bought it and had it shipped to my doorstep. You can't put a price on customer service like that.

I have dealt with USAA on the other end of insurance though. I had had my Dakota R/T for a couple months and a lady tapped my rear bumper at low speed. She used USAA. They met me a few days later in a bank parking lot. The appraiser looked at the damage and printed a check from his car on the spot. That was back in '00.

I did open a USAA savings account when I started truck shopping because I found many times you can get discounts on new cars just for being a member. I think I got $500 off my Ram because of it.

Ducati, now your speaking my language. Was it an 888 Tricolore?

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
I have AAA ins and because I have been with them for 20 years plus and zero accidents, I pay super low rates plus very high liability amounts. They wont even let me have a German Shepard so I priced out other ins, after I saw the difference I said to hell with the dog, lol. 600 dollars for a 4x4 with a million dollars liability for a year, yeah match that. It's 500k liability they allow you to bump up to a mil with a umbrella policy for 200 bucks a year. Home ins is low as well.

When your grown and handle your business, life is good.
That is exactly what many consumers do not understand. Shopping and changing insurance carriers yearly is a disadvantage to the consumer. Historical claims, payment history, number of policy's' insurance area are all factors that drive what you or I pay. Highly competitive industry. "Some" companies work smart at keeping their best low cost customers.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Rampant try and google that and see if you can find it. Yes they address backward compatibility. If you can't find it I will try later...

Really completely describes oils that will be on every shelf and what they are trying to achieve.
Thanks, I'll def check it out later when I get home.

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Ducati, now your speaking my language. Was it an 888 Tricolore?
I said very rare, not a unicorn lol... it was a '99 996 SPS. Man, if I'd have kept that...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Great couple posts sir.

Once redlines abilities were discovered....that is all we were looking for. another option to stop the tic...and now we may have it in the near future.

Though I believe they’re still not gonna have near the Molly that redline does and we know for a fact they’re not gonna have the ZDDP.

But that will be a great test of base stocks. If the PAO/ester can stop it without the high additives, we may have the option to leave redline...... if you so desire that is...:p

For SURE, since there aren't any other oils that are killing our ticks currently, we don't know what feature of redline is killing the ticks, POA/Esters/Moly/Zinc whatever. Maybe if some of the new oils can kill ticks, we can cherry pick and opt out of additives maybe we don't benefit from. But that would really only apply is it is the basestock killing our ticks, because there is always a benefit of pao/esters over group 3.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Damn dude !
I feel your pain , my ex-wife cost me $79k out of pocket .
That won't happen again !

So after lawyer fees, the money she stole from my savings and the debt I got stuck with, it came out to just over $80k. So I def know what you are getting at! It’s awful.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
does this come through? It is the first article. If you read that you know about what oils will be soon.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Best @79k I've ever spent [emoji1303][emoji1303]
But so worth it!