Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1979PowerWagon360

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 TRX
Engine
Napa it could be on shelf or they will order it for ya. By far the best service I've had from parts store. But if you see the price, you might opt for something else.

walmart online always top choice, there is like 2 or 3 items I buy from them a year that nobody can touch, mostly fertilizer, but you can get pup there.
I'm the same. Walmart online for several items. Trick is getting them delivered not crushed, but can't beat some prices.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'm the same. Walmart online for several items. Trick is getting them delivered not crushed, but can't beat some prices.
yeah crushed and in many lots, lol. My guess, they ship directly from store shelves. My last order came in 3 separate orders from 3 places, just some fruit stakes. Pricing was just crazy, it was like triple the cost at amazon, so I put up with the quirks, but I do like amazon much better.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I could get it from Wallyworld or a parts store or even eBay but not for $15 a jug. Well at least I got the rebate if nothing else since I filed for that when I ordered the first batch. Apparently Amsoil has jacked their prices up too. SS looks like it’s went up about 20% since the last time I bought some. I guess I’ll go back to Mobil 1 since it’s for the F150 and it’s not picky about oil anyway.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
My Wally World oil orders come direct from the warehouse. Midwest region no longer.stocks PUP in stores. Ok by me - I detest Walmartian outlets. Usually come via United Package Smashers instead of Fedup Distress, so at least it shows up.
One time an order for something else ended up in South Dakota with FedEx.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
One single smack on the piston and you have a coal, like wtf. Never seen one of these...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Here we go, the development of 0w8 oil by sae, lol. I wonder if the sae been watching this thread because we had the anti friction properties of moly nailed down for more then a decade. Kinda funny though, they want to increase CA meaning it wont be di friendly. So they develop an engine that increases fuel efficiency by 20% and then develop an oil that increases efficiency by .8% but you cant use it in the former? DI turbo's are the real deal, they will give you mpg if you are matching power numbers, as in 400hp di versus hemi. However, of note the ram v6 is best in class fuel mileage, and gets a whopping 19mpg?

from link..

Further fuel economy improvement of the internal combustion engine is indispensable for CO2 reduction in order to cope with serious global environmental problems. Although lowering the viscosity of engine oil is an effective way to improve fuel economy, it may reduce the wear resistance. Therefore, it is important to achieve both improved fuel economy and reliability. We have developed new 0W- 8 engine oil of ultra-low viscosity and achieved an improvement in fuel economy by 0.8% compared to the commercial 0W-16 engine oil. For this new oil, we reduced the friction coefficient under boundary lubrication regime by applying an oil film former and calcium borate detergent. The film former increased the oil film thickness without increasing the oil viscosity. The calcium borate detergent enhanced the friction reduction effect of molybdenum dithiocarbamate (MoDTC). By applying these technologies, an engine oil was developed which successfully achieved desired fuel efficiency and reliability. The developed oil also met the new JASO GLV-1 specification.

The JASO GLV-1 specification is a Japanese invention on fuel mileage, and guess what their secret is? You guessed it low visc but high moly.

Heatheroo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
One single smack on the piston and you have a coal, like wtf. Never seen one of these...

I've made a few of those from a copper plumbing stub, a piece of dowel and an o-ring. It's tricky sizing the correct o-ring and you really need to use char cloth as the tinder for reliable ignition.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Here we go, the development of 0w8 oil by sae, lol. I wonder if the sae been watching this thread because we had the anti friction properties of moly nailed down for more then a decade. Kinda funny though, they want to increase CA meaning it wont be di friendly. So they develop an engine that increases fuel efficiency by 20% and then develop an oil that increases efficiency by .8% but you cant use it in the former? DI turbo's are the real deal, they will give you mpg if you are matching power numbers, as in 400hp di versus hemi. However, of note the ram v6 is best in class fuel mileage, and gets a whopping 19mpg?

from link..

Further fuel economy improvement of the internal combustion engine is indispensable for CO2 reduction in order to cope with serious global environmental problems. Although lowering the viscosity of engine oil is an effective way to improve fuel economy, it may reduce the wear resistance. Therefore, it is important to achieve both improved fuel economy and reliability. We have developed new 0W- 8 engine oil of ultra-low viscosity and achieved an improvement in fuel economy by 0.8% compared to the commercial 0W-16 engine oil. For this new oil, we reduced the friction coefficient under boundary lubrication regime by applying an oil film former and calcium borate detergent. The film former increased the oil film thickness without increasing the oil viscosity. The calcium borate detergent enhanced the friction reduction effect of molybdenum dithiocarbamate (MoDTC). By applying these technologies, an engine oil was developed which successfully achieved desired fuel efficiency and reliability. The developed oil also met the new JASO GLV-1 specification.

The JASO GLV-1 specification is a Japanese invention on fuel mileage, and guess what their secret is? You guessed it low visc but high moly.

Maybe we should try water with moly?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
well I never

Man I have to get some of this, nobody ever seen this? A moly spray hello. For this application I do like the powdered moly more then what we use in engine oils. crc version is 15 bucks amazon, I will probably just get that 1.

MOLYBDENUM_front__97821.1635140864.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca