Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bedliner for house roofs, they are so confident they are even using this on a flat roof. Just for practical reasons i have no idea why all roofs arent white. I just sprayed my wifes rav 4 white on the roof, it is cold to the touch on a 80f day and the hood is almost too hot to leave your hand on, while parked. so beneficial but here you cant find white roofing. I like this idea so much when it comes time to get a new roof I will be calling rhino and seeing if it is available. 14 years in my bedliner is like new, I bet a white bedliner roof would last a lifetime plus...

View attachment 528565
SO, is this a Photoshop or an actual property? Heck of a lot of white, LOL.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My fav seasoning is Apple wood smoked flake sea salt & black pepper, let it set 20-25 minutes then the meat goes on a hot BBQ (charcoal briquette not a gas grill or pellet) along with a good amount of the Kingsford blend wood chips ( apple hickory oak) mmmmmm, but if I want to change it up will use Montreal seasoning or add a mix of Johnny's & Lowery seasoning....
Iv always enjoyed smoking fish and chicken. We like to smoke whole chickens on the charcoal grill with cherry wood or hickory.

The fish is always amazing regardless of the wood choice.

The next thing I want to try is actually salt curing raw meats.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
interesting uoa, this guy went from thin oil with high moly to thick oil with 1/3 the moly and the iron level tore the roof off. ow40 fs did shear to 5w30 and the wear was horrible. Now, FE was raising everytime which would concern me, and it is only one single uoa so hard to draw any conclusion, but for whatever reason this hemi did not like the m1 fs 0w40. I still have confidence in this oil, but if I seen a couple more of these I'd say look elsewhere, like the 0w40 amsoil ss.

And amulinum shot up which you can expect with a 0w40, simple thick oil leaves those cold pistons exposed at start up even 0w40, but the iron is a wow thing. Could just be an engine failing moment dunno.

In that thread on BITOG forums it was confirmed there was internal issues accounting for the iron (metal spalling)

Granted, Im still not thrilled with the idea of a 0W during winter starts, especially on my RAM since it sits outside 24/7.

I did confirm that AutoZone has the M1 5W-30 ESP in stock. An oil change is in the cards pretty soon so I might just go for it. Another option could be PP Euro L because of the good HTHS and even lower price than the M1 stuff, but historically my Hemi has not "liked" any Pennzoil product Ive tried. Oddly enough the quietest Pennzoil for me was plain old yellow bottle dino.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
In that thread on BITOG forums it was confirmed there was internal issues accounting for the iron (metal spalling)

Granted, Im still not thrilled with the idea of a 0W during winter starts, especially on my RAM since it sits outside 24/7.

I did confirm that AutoZone has the M1 5W-30 ESP in stock. An oil change is in the cards pretty soon so I might just go for it. Another option could be PP Euro L because of the good HTHS and even lower price than the M1 stuff, but historically my Hemi has not "liked" any Pennzoil product Ive tried. Oddly enough the quietest Pennzoil for me was plain old yellow bottle dino.
good info thanks, you can see something going on for many oci's but soon as he went thick it gave way. Who knows to the cause, nothing to garner from one uoa but it would be nice to get a larger sample size because that oil shows promise, low shear and high moly pao base stocks.

Good case for old yeller, most moly of all the pennzoils short of pup 0w40 which we knows shears very heavily. Perhaps different moly but who knows with hemi's maybe it just matters to have a larger moly count as opposed to type. No official studies on hemi tick and moly, but many people say the same about old yeller.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI

I'm thinking since the change from API SN to SP, we (Hemi owners) gotta be especially careful now. SP not only changed detergent additive to reduce LSPI in small engines (which should be transparent), it pushed "energy savings" lower viscosities within SAE viscosity bands along with OEM's specifying lower SAE viscosity bands to "save gas". As in tenths of a mile per gallon at the expense of engine wear. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.

Anyway, was the M1 Euro formula exclusive to AutoZone or Advance Auto? I get those two mixed up all the time.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking since the change from API SN to SP, we (Hemi owners) gotta be especially careful now. SP not only changed detergent additive to reduce LSPI in small engines (which should be transparent), it pushed "energy savings" lower viscosities within SAE viscosity bands along with OEM's specifying lower SAE viscosity bands to "save gas". As in tenths of a mile per gallon at the expense of engine wear. It's gotten beyond ridiculous.

Anyway, was the M1 Euro formula exclusive to AutoZone or Advance Auto? I get those two mixed up all the time.

I can find M1 euro at most places, including Walmart. Has it been changed recently? Maybe...I had a case of 6 quarts from someone I work with, that was purchased maybe 2 years ago. Had to supplant it with more for a recent oil change and bought M1 Euro 0W-40 off the shelf at Walmart. Had the same certs as the case of 6, so I figure its the same thing (used it in my Infiniti G37)

The M1 ESP I can only find at AutoZone. Supposedly OReilly's can get it, but its the same price so not much use waiting for them vs just off the shelf at AZ. $37/5 quarts for the ESP isnt terrible. PP Euro L is available at Walmart, $27/5 quarts.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So labor is ten percent of the cost to buy a truck? So if they get 40%, in theory that is 40% of ten percent, so they could absorb the labor costs with a 4% msrp increase. 3k in actual price of most trucks. That is peanuts compared to the inflation increases on rams for the last 3 years? However the head of the UAW says he wants to ruin their economy, lol? Like wth? 4 0% over 4 years isnt gonna tank their economy, perhaps they want more? To the point the other day for people in the market for a new truck, perhaps this strike wont increase sticker price even close to inflation, assuming point inflation will slow at some point. If in the market for a new truck I'm not sure I would wait much longer.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
damn I love those year 300 srt8s! a guy had one where i worked at when i was getting started in mechanics and he loved to let me hear it (he had opened up exhaust and a superchips or diablo predator can tune)
I think thats where my love for dodges started haha. not long after he sold me his old 93 Dakota 318 and i beat that up for a few years before getting my 06 ram hemi

all that to say if i won the lottery i would definitely go find an 06 300 srt8 and daily it in the summer
get one of those nice mesh grills instead of those bars
I miss mine greatly!

I had the fortunate opportunity to meet Ralph Gilles (look him up ;)) and have him autograph my 300SRT8, too.

My friend was the Canadian SRT Factory driver and is best friends with Ralph.

I recall a summer when Ralph and his wife drove to Claremont, Ontario (I lived in my friends log cabin loft at the time) and all I hear is a loud rumble from my living room.

Up the winding driveway pulls in an arctic white custom Viper, and out pops Ralph and his wife coming to visit my buddy.

I'll post pics of his car, and my 300SRT8 as well.

Mine was the first run edition SRT 300 with the 4-piece front clip and the 3-piece rear clip.
Ralph loved my car and took it for a boot.... :)
He said after the first run he had to redesign the front and rear clips to be a one-piece molded because the costs were too great for the multi-piece, and because the SRT 300 was really taking off, he had no choice but to do it. Ralph is the reason we have the modern HEMI LX/LC platforms... they were his designs ;)

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
What track,and what did it run for you.
I did Cayuga (and several off grid ones, too...lol ;))
The best I did was 12.6 @ 110mp/h with a set of 305 x 20's on her all around, 3/4 tank full of fuel, a full stereo, and skinny me ;) (and a hot day, too!)

It was very fun taking her out and letting her go!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I did Cayuga (and several off grid ones, too...lol ;))
The best I did was 12.6 @ 110mp/h with a set of 305 x 20's on her all around, 3/4 tank full of fuel, a full stereo, and skinny me ;) (and a hot day, too!)

It was very fun taking her out and letting her go!
Those are pretty decent numbers. We'd kill for Toronto's DA out here,a good day at Edmonton in the summer is anything under 4,500ft,lol.The smoke out here this summer has been a killer,and sucks when you can hardly read the clocks from the starting line,aarrgghh,lol

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I can find M1 euro at most places, including Walmart. Has it been changed recently? Maybe...I had a case of 6 quarts from someone I work with, that was purchased maybe 2 years ago. Had to supplant it with more for a recent oil change and bought M1 Euro 0W-40 off the shelf at Walmart. Had the same certs as the case of 6, so I figure its the same thing (used it in my Infiniti G37)

The M1 ESP I can only find at AutoZone. Supposedly OReilly's can get it, but its the same price so not much use waiting for them vs just off the shelf at AZ. $37/5 quarts for the ESP isnt terrible. PP Euro L is available at Walmart, $27/5 quarts.

It was Euro 5W-30 & 0W-30, which was new.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Those are pretty decent numbers. We'd kill for Toronto's DA out here,a good day at Edmonton in the summer is anything under 4,500ft,lol.The smoke out here this summer has been a killer,and sucks when you can hardly read the clocks from the starting line,aarrgghh,lol
Not too shabby a ride she was & thank you :)

The smoke was bad everywhere this year for sure.
I flew to Halifax to meet my lady and we drove back to Ontario this summer and the burning fires really clouded things up and choked the air quality as well.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Bedliner for house roofs, they are so confident they are even using this on a flat roof. Just for practical reasons i have no idea why all roofs arent white. I just sprayed my wifes rav 4 white on the roof, it is cold to the touch on a 80f day and the hood is almost too hot to leave your hand on, while parked. so beneficial but here you cant find white roofing. I like this idea so much when it comes time to get a new roof I will be calling rhino and seeing if it is available. 14 years in my bedliner is like new, I bet a white bedliner roof would last a lifetime plus...

View attachment 528565
Rhino Liner is thr biggest producer of flat roof sealers last I knew. They moved to this market long ago. We used their silicone for flat roof leaks when I worked on that Weed farm. Expensive as $h!t but worked great