Synthetic oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How soon should I wait to use full synthetic.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Switch as soon as you want... you may even have a synthetic from the factory. All of the diesels do.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Factory fill is Penzoil conventional. You can switch at any point. The engines are already broken in from the factory.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just recently learned that Mobile 1 is not a full synthetic and that is most countries they cannot sell it as such.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I just recently learned that Mobile 1 is not a full synthetic and that is most countries they cannot sell it as such.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Most oils sold as full synthetics sold in retail stores are that way.

Those oils are Group III Synthetics which are defined as:
Group III base oils feature reconstructed molecules that offer improved performance in a wide range of areas, as well as good molecular uniformity and stability. By definition, they are a synthesized material and can be used in the production of synthetic and semi-synthetic lubricants.

Group III oils undergo the most stringent level of conventional refining techniques for petroleum oils; most of the waxes and impurities naturally occurring in the oil are removed. The high level of refining gives Group III oils a high level of performance. Since the ruling of the National Advertising Division (***) of 1999, Group III oils can be legally called synthetic oils. The decision was based on the amount of refining the oil is subjected to.