Tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAD21st

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
After replacing my OEM LED tail lights with aftermarket LED tail lights, I now have error messages on my dashboard that both rear turning lights are out…but they work fine. I also get the hyper flash on my dashboard and mirror lights, but not the headlights or tail lights. I bought and OBD II tool to fix it, but not sure how to turn the error(s) it’s causing off so I don’t encounter this problem anymore? Also checked my 3rd light, and it is working. Any suggestions?

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
my geuss is the OEM Led taillights has the resistor's built in to the assembly and the aftermarket does not you will have to add resistor's to both taillight's & turn signal's

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my geuss is the OEM Led taillights has the resistor's built in to the assembly and the aftermarket does not you will have to add resistor's to both taillight's & turn signal's
No. No resistors needed. Led taillights has a wire sensor that send a signal to the truck. This is why a relay is needed to each light. Check the file that a post before.

OP
OP
SOAD21st

SOAD21st

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
No. No resistors needed. Led taillights has a wire sensor that send a signal to the truck. This is why a relay is needed to each light. Check the file that a post before.
Is there no way to just turn the sensor(s) of with AplhaOBD II? I honestly don’t need the sensors warning me about the lights.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there no way to just turn the sensor(s) of with AplhaOBD II? I honestly don’t need the sensors warning me about the lights.
You may have to change settings to Leds also with alfaobd. And add the relays like the diagram show. The truck need that signal and the aftermarket taillights hasn't. The relay is needed to create a ground when brake or turn signal is activated and send that signal to the truck.

OP
OP
SOAD21st

SOAD21st

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
You may have to change settings to Leds also with alfaobd. And add the relays like the diagram show. The truck need that signal and the aftermarket taillights hasn't. The relay is needed to create a ground when brake or turn signal is activated and send that signal to the truck.
It says this is for a 2014…does the same go for a 2017?

OP
OP
SOAD21st

SOAD21st

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I was actually able to disable the error codes with the AlphaOBD. I disabled F Pin 27 and F Pin 31, along with the rear lamp dtc.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
After replacing my OEM LED tail lights with aftermarket LED tail lights, I now have error messages on my dashboard that both rear turning lights are out…but they work fine. I also get the hyper flash on my dashboard and mirror lights, but not the headlights or tail lights. I bought and OBD II tool to fix it, but not sure how to turn the error(s) it’s causing off so I don’t encounter this problem anymore? Also checked my 3rd light, and it is working. Any suggestions?
what brand of aftermarket led tailights did you go with? i have a 2018 power wagon and the passenger lens got damaged and i want to go with a different look, but everyone i can find says they are for incandescent style replacements.

OP
OP
SOAD21st

SOAD21st

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Vland…found them on Amazon.

Attachments

• 83E40179-0122-4D45-AEB7-76BB02EEBB7B.jpeg
    83E40179-0122-4D45-AEB7-76BB02EEBB7B.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 11

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nice lights! I sometimes get the error code if we get a lot of rain, mine are Spyder autos. Guess ill check the harness but i assume its internal. Have to check that pin thing you mentioned out.