Tailgate cover to go over dented top spoiler area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've looked high and low for a replacement spoiler type tailgate cover but can't find one that fits my 2013 Ram 1500. I see them on GMC Sierras all the time but can't find a manufacturer, I've searched the net and only find the standard OEM replacements that don't go down over the wide spoiler bump out. I did a stupid thing and pinched a trailer lift and don't want to have to have buy a new tailgate or have a body shop fix the small dent. Just figured I'd cover it with a new trim piece.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the link wallacemf. That is an OEM part. I need something that is wider down the gate face. See photo of my idiot maneuver on the gate dent. I was able to tap this out to almost gone, but it still shows up a bit.

Tailgate.JPG

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Honestly, I'd forget even trying to cover it up. If you went to a shop that did paintless dent repair (PDR), they would be able to fix that pretty easy. I bet it wouldn't cost more than a $100...maybe even lower since they can access that area of the tailgate by removing the inside gate cover.

- Don

OP
OP
T

TGoedde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Don. I'll work it over a bit more with a little heat gun warmth and see how far I can tap it out. The whole deck trim package needs replacement in the spring so I'll keep shopping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963