Taillight Led's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
As you all know on the 2500 taillights pictured here the part of the light circled does not light up. I'm wondering if it would be possible to add LEDs here to make this area illuminate. I'm wondering if I add some 2mm LEDs to the area in the back would this work. I don't know if this space is open or not. Has anyone ever taken one of these apart and seen how much space is there of if there is any wiring in this area. In looking at adding about 8 LEDs in this area in the pattern pictured
TIA and any help would be appreciated
(Edit) I'm doing this on the non blind spot monitoring lights
20210424_205623.jpg

20210424_205500.jpg

Last edited:

FlyTJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going to attempt to open mine, but decided not to... Looking at it, I thought I would be able to easily open it, but looks like it is like plasti-welded together, so I was a little concerned how I would get it all back together...
Watching this thread to see if you post back any ideas...

OP
OP
R

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I posted this question in another fourmn and was told it was no possible. That area is not opaque it is solid red plastic. So I just tinted them and installed them