"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’m curious. Do they have a spot to use an aftermarket mic? I think that would be more realistic then having that crappy one on the bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinksWell radios are the only ones that have it built right into the harness for an external mic but they are a few hundred dollars more and still using Android 4.4.4. There is a post on the first page about adding an external mic to these head units but it requires soldering.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my PX6 unit from Phoenix Android Radios with 64GB of storage. Rhino radio also sells the PX6 units. Although nobody has verified you get what you pay for from Rhino for the PX6 units yet. I can verify that I got exactly what I paid for from Phoenix.

https://www.featured.phoenixautomot...or-dodge-ram-2013-2018?variant=20489765847138

At this point I would seriously not even give Rhino a second thought....

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my PX6 unit from Phoenix Android Radios with 64GB of storage. Rhino radio also sells the PX6 units. Although nobody has verified you get what you pay for from Rhino for the PX6 units yet. I can verify that I got exactly what I paid for from Phoenix.

https://www.featured.phoenixautomot...or-dodge-ram-2013-2018?variant=20489765847138

Thank you! A while back when this post was only about 100 pages long...I read it all...several times. Then, I kinda gave up on getting one with all the problems I was reading about. A few weeks ago, I re-subscribed to the post and have been trying to catch up on everything. I'm glad to hear some people are having a good experience with theirs! I think I'm going to purchase the one you have. I have an Express....so a lot of the features that aren't working for others...probably doesn't even apply to me. I'm also glad to hear the sound quality might be improved with this model! Thanks again for the info.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

One more question for you... It's not real clear on the Phoenix website whether or not they have this in US stock or if it will ship from China. Jut curious.... how long after you ordered did you receive yours? Thnx!

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thank you! A while back when this post was only about 100 pages long...I read it all...several times. Then, I kinda gave up on getting one with all the problems I was reading about. A few weeks ago, I re-subscribed to the post and have been trying to catch up on everything. I'm glad to hear some people are having a good experience with theirs! I think I'm going to purchase the one you have. I have an Express....so a lot of the features that aren't working for others...probably doesn't even apply to me. I'm also glad to hear the sound quality might be improved with this model! Thanks again for the info.

I think a person's experience with these head units will depend on if you have the patience and time to work on them. Having less features definitely helps but I'm on my third one and each one has had its issues.

Even the PX6 unit I have now. I noticed last night on my way home the fan speed is exactly the same on 2 and 3. Now I will have to go through the different settings and try to fix it. If not I have to reach out to Phoenix for help and that can be hit or miss.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
One more question for you... It's not real clear on the Phoenix website whether or not they have this in US stock or if it will ship from China. Jut curious.... how long after you ordered did you receive yours? Thnx!

All of Phoenix's new units ship from China. If you buy refurbished they ship from California. My first order with them was a 7.1 fastboot and arrived in a week and a half. My second order is the PX6 unit I have now and it took 3 weeks. So it's a role of the dice. Lol

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All right guys don't be alarmed if this thread starts to get a little bigger lol [emoji23]
I do nothing.......

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lmao you posted it in on your YouTube channel didn’t you lol

I probably should but I have talked about it a lot in my videos and there's a few guys who just bought radios and I gave them the link.... [emoji23]

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
All of Phoenix's new units ship from China. If you buy refurbished they ship from California. My first order with them was a 7.1 fastboot and arrived in a week and a half. My second order is the PX6 unit I have now and it took 3 weeks. So it's a role of the dice. Lol

Good to know you finally got your Px6.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

RAMdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, new to this forum. I purchased a Rhino radio 3 button t style last month and will be installing when I get back from the middle east in a few weeks. Im a little nervous because I have read a lot of bad things on this forum about the vendor. Unfortunately I found this thread AFTER purchasing. I guess I will roll the dice on if I have a working unit or not. Has anyone had success with Rhino? Id like to hear. Also, I plan on installing the pedal commander app but understand the radio only acts as a bluetooth appliance? Is it possible to plug a bluetooth dongle in the radio to give it enhanced bt capabilities ie data transfer?

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought this unit off eBay. My experience with it was horrible. It was really laggy and froze up constantly. Reached out to the seller for a refund, they offered me to return $80 on a $900 unit. After so many back and forth messages with them, I decided to contact eBay. eBay made them accept the full refund. Just my experience.

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Hello, new to this forum. I purchased a Rhino radio 3 button t style last month and will be installing when I get back from the middle east in a few weeks. Im a little nervous because I have read a lot of bad things on this forum about the vendor. Unfortunately I found this thread AFTER purchasing. I guess I will roll the dice on if I have a working unit or not. Has anyone had success with Rhino? Id like to hear. Also, I plan on installing the pedal commander app but understand the radio only acts as a bluetooth appliance? Is it possible to plug a bluetooth dongle in the radio to give it enhanced bt capabilities ie data transfer?
I had two 2G/32G units from them . The first one lasted 4 months until the board gave up. The second one, just lasted 1 day since it was an exchange unit for the faulty one and had to return it because also had bad hardware.

While Rhino's customer service is good their units aren't of good quality.The 3 button unit screens are not fully 10.4 inches. If you go back in this thread you will see I posted some pics of the units and other folks made some good comparisons / reviews with pics as well.
After dealing with all these issues with Rhino, I went ahead and ordered a unit from Phoenix and they seemed to be better with no complains yet unfortunately, their customer service is crap.

First pic was the unit it lasted a couple of months, second pic is the exchange unit and third is the current one button from Phoenix. 4157b4135263dc0c6442b0e7f6d2c782.jpg0c2283f447ffdd9fe64078cfb64458b5.jpg700c8f4a937b00874531293dc635ed39.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fingers crossed I get a good one... I ordered the new PX6 Android 8.1 one button with4 g ram and 64 g rom from Phoenix. I also purchased the built-in Android Auto. And, I ordered an OEM steering wheel audio control that I'll be installing at the same time.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought this unit off eBay. My experience with it was horrible. It was really laggy and froze up constantly. Reached out to the seller for a refund, they offered me to return $80 on a $900 unit. After so many back and forth messages with them, I decided to contact eBay. eBay made them accept the full refund. Just my experience.
This sounds like the 1G unit. The first ones produced... Do you remember if it was 1G or 2G? EBay is always a roll of the dice and $900 seems super high. Mine was $650 from Krando 2G/64G

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome Sir!
First thing I would do when you get home is look at that screen. If it has a 1/2 black bar all the way around it, it's a bootleg unit and I would not waste your time installing it. Send back for a refund. As far as Bluetooth, I don't think that is possible unless the play store has an app that allows the head unit to recognize a Bluetooth dongle has been installed. May be @XDA guy can elaborate better on this.
I do all my transfers via usb stick from the middle console of the truck.

RAMdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome Sir!
First thing I would do when you get home is look at that screen. If it has a 1/2 black bar all the way around it, it's a bootleg unit and I would not waste your time installing it. Send back for a refund. As far as Bluetooth, I don't think that is possible unless the play store has an app that allows the head unit to recognize a Bluetooth dongle has been installed. May be @XDA guy can elaborate better on this.
I do all my transfers via usb stick from the middle console of the truck.

Thanks Big daddy for the reply. I watched your channel yesterday about Alphaobd. Great info. I do believe their are several android apps for BT dongle management. I just wish someone has tested this out. Also had a question about AlphaOBD. I understand that the OBDlink MX is the ideal adapter to use but will one of the cheaper elm 327 units work? I purchased a panlong adapter 6 months ago to work with TORQUE app. It does the job but dont know if it will work with Alpha. Any thought? Also, do you know if the free version of Alpha will do the odometer correction function?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Big daddy for the reply. I watched your channel yesterday about Alphaobd. Great info. I do believe their are several android apps for BT dongle management. I just wish someone has tested this out. Also had a question about AlphaOBD. I understand that the OBDlink MX is the ideal adapter to use but will one of the cheaper elm 327 units work? I purchased a panlong adapter 6 months ago to work with TORQUE app. It does the job but dont know if it will work with Alpha. Any thought? Also, do you know if the free version of Alpha will do the odometer correction function?
Thanks for watching!
Not sure about that particular adapter but I know some people have had some success with this $10 one from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011NSX27A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_NYUrDbQ6BHYS8

The free version of AlfaOBD will only read.
So if you want to change any values on your truck you need to purchase the full version of AlfaOBD.
It will be the best $50 mod you ever spent on your truck. [emoji4]

RAMdaddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for watching!
Not sure about that particular adapter but I know some people have had some success with this $10 one from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011NSX27A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_NYUrDbQ6BHYS8

The free version of AlfaOBD will only read.
So if you want to change any values on your truck you need to purchase the full version of AlfaOBD.
It will be the best $50 mod you ever spent on your truck. [emoji4]

This is the one I purchased. Looks the same! Should work just because its blue right? Lol.
panlong.jpg

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This sounds like the 1G unit. The first ones produced... Do you remember if it was 1G or 2G? EBay is always a roll of the dice and $900 seems super high. Mine was $650 from Krando 2G/64G

Not sure, this was probably 2 years ago now. Hopefully they’ve improved them. After I returned the unit I bought one from xtrons, it’s horizontal instead of vertical. It works flawlessly though.

00B50C65-16E7-48BF-A3A1-4AE316B880C7.png