"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Still waiting on my unit to ship from Phoenix. Hounding them again today to find out when it's going to ship. Going on 12 business days. I am hoping my unit will work as well as my last one with the exception of the reset button. Again I don't have many options on my truck so configuring the head unit is quick for me. Climate control and radio has to work. Most of my time will be spent installing apps, configuring carwebguru, and setting up my wireless Apple CarPlay dongle.

I sure hope you have more luck. I'll PM you the SN of mine (I think the unboxing pics I posted might have it on there), just in case they do something dubious as repackaging and resending my unit. I'll probably take it out tonight when I get home from work, once I can confirm they won't be a hassle with returning it.

I'll probably go the tablet route next. It's been working well in my 16 year old Jetta TDI with the original Monsoon Radio by adding a BT adapter to the AUX and then sending all the streamed audio from the tablet to the speakers. Everything I need works flawless that way and I don't loose functionality only gaining what I add in apps on the tablet. Sure it's not integrated as it's mounted on a windshield extension arm, but again, everything works just the way I like it. I tried this in the RAM but the built in BT creates a considerable lag with the audio, so if my kids were watching youtube the voices where off by about half a second. I am sure I can fix that by going straight to an AUX port instead.

Sorry guys, really wished this thing would come through for me and I could tell you all it's worth upgrading, but for now I would say they are still experiencing infancy issues that the MFG's need to iron out.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I sure hope you have more luck. I'll PM you the SN of mine (I think the unboxing pics I posted might have it on there), just in case they do something dubious as repackaging and resending my unit. I'll probably take it out tonight when I get home from work, once I can confirm they won't be a hassle with returning it.

I'll probably go the tablet route next. It's been working well in my 16 year old Jetta TDI with the original Monsoon Radio by adding a BT adapter to the AUX and then sending all the streamed audio from the tablet to the speakers. Everything I need works flawless that way and I don't loose functionality only gaining what I add in apps on the tablet. Sure it's not integrated as it's mounted on a windshield extension arm, but again, everything works just the way I like it. I tried this in the RAM but the built in BT creates a considerable lag with the audio, so if my kids were watching youtube the voices where off by about half a second. I am sure I can fix that by going straight to an AUX port instead.

Sorry guys, really wished this thing would come through for me and I could tell you all it's worth upgrading, but for now I would say they are still experiencing infancy issues that the MFG's need to iron out.

Yeah you definitely have to have patients to own one of these units. Either be willing to spend a lot of time finding a fix online or waiting for the next firmware update. As a developer I know if something really ****** me off I WILL find the answer to fix it or fix it myself as a last resort. I write code everyday so don't really want to after work. I'd rather let someone else figure it out first. lol

Thanks! The SN would be helpful but if I am still waiting by the time you return yours I am going to be angry. Also if they ship my unit from anywhere but China I will be refusing delivery and asking for a refund. :)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
FYI, I believe it's the way in which they implement any/all Google apps that's at fault. I've noticed all apps except for the Google apps run much faster and display correctly.

If I had to guess, it has something to do with being an appliance rather than a true Android device...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
RMA process was non-eventful. They issued a return shipping label promptly and I already have it out of the truck. Now this being the 3rd time it took considerably less time swapping the units out, ~30min.

I hope you guys are not disappointed in me not trying more, but I just can't deal with half baked products right now. I am certain this unit will get more polished as time goes on and folks over at XDA start modding apps and make improvements. And I am sure PA and the other sellers will get better in supporting these new units too.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Phoenix is starting to **** me off with their excuses... I mean answers. I'll post my conversation for everyone's amusement.

upload_2019-7-24_14-40-53.png

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's the PA many of us know...lol.

Yep and as long as they keep coming out with the new units first many more people will buy from them. I did notice Rhino Radio now has the PX6 units as well that very clearly says "one button style". lol

Phoenix of course dodged my question regarding the testing. They just replied that they would again follow up with shipping tonight and message me first thing in the morning.

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Phoenix is starting to **** me off with their excuses... I mean answers. I'll post my conversation for everyone's amusement.

View attachment 174543
It looks like they basically manfuctured your unit once you placed your order..17 days wow..They should let know buyers there might be delays. Again, Rhino was completely transparent and informed overall availability. They posted in their site when they knew delays happened in China.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like they basically manfuctured your unit once you placed your order..17 days wow..They should let know buyers there might be delays. Again, Rhino was completely transparent and informed overall availability. They posted in their site when they knew delays happened in China.

Plus with the tariff war with 25% tariff they are trying to figure out a way around getting hit with that. A lot of products coming out of China are going to Taiwan and Indonesia. And Vietnam. Then being shipped as made in those countries to bypass the 25% tariff. Plus the original tariff of 2.5% Think... $700 radio unit coming from China. 27.5% tariff in total, They have to pay about $192.5 in tariff to the US. That’s also why they are pushing the units that are already in the US because they got them here before tariff war started for that section of tariffs

Sorry. I work in the oil industry and it’s killing a lot of companies in China and here in the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel

View attachment 174543

These guys make no sense. I ordered mine on 7/4 and I received tracking info the following Tuesday and I had it delivered Thursday, but nobody was home... DHL redelivered on Friday 7/12. Then on Monday I opened the ticked for the missing fan plug and they created a tracking number the same day and didn't ship the plug until Wednesday, but it still arrived on Friday. In the mean time I listed all my issues and offered to send pics of what I had and nobody gave me the time of day to look into it. Then yesterday I started the RMA process and suddenly the flood gates opened with requests for vids and pics to illustrate my issues, but I already was set on returning the unit.

The return will go out tomorrow. BTW I could not find a specific serial # other than what is on the barcode of the picture I posted two weeks ago. Maybe my unit should have undergone the 'testing' as they claim and should not have been delivered this quickly, but 17 days is seriously slow and it makes me thing they might have some device shortage and they try to cover it up with shipping department delays.

Wayne Stella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OK so driving to the PO this morning, AC running, listening to the BT, enjoying my ride, when I hear whats sounds like a momentary soft pphhfftt sound. I look at the radio and the screen slowly fades to black from the outside edges inward to the center and then the radio is off. WTF? Since I'm pulling into the parking lot I go inside do my business, all of about five minutes, come back out and start the truck. The radio screen goes whitish gray for a second then starts a complete reboot. I have the 7.1 Fastboot, three button (no working compass.......yet) from Phoenix. After a minute or so the radio is back to normal. It worked fine for the rest of the trip back to work. Has anyone seen anything like this? Should I be worried something fried on the inside?

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
OK so driving to the PO this morning, AC running, listening to the BT, enjoying my ride, when I hear whats sounds like a momentary soft pphhfftt sound. I look at the radio and the screen slowly fades to black from the outside edges inward to the center and then the radio is off. WTF? Since I'm pulling into the parking lot I go inside do my business, all of about five minutes, come back out and start the truck. The radio screen goes whitish gray for a second then starts a complete reboot. I have the 7.1 Fastboot, three button (no working compass.......yet) from Phoenix. After a minute or so the radio is back to normal. It worked fine for the rest of the trip back to work. Has anyone seen anything like this? Should I be worried something fried on the inside?
It doesn't sound good, did your screen look like any of the below?. Because if that was the case, maybe your screen might be seeing its last days. 6c95e004250de5a16571d6350426b208.jpgf67bb4c7d11f3367bd38f50dcbe909d1.jpg

Wayne Stella

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It doesn't sound good, did your screen look like any of the below?. Because if that was the case, maybe your screen might be seeing its last days. 6c95e004250de5a16571d6350426b208.jpgf67bb4c7d11f3367bd38f50dcbe909d1.jpg

No. It just faded out. It probably took all of about two seconds. I have started and restarted about 10 times so far and it still seems fine.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No. It just faded out. It probably took all of about two seconds. I have started and restarted about 10 times so far and it still seems fine.
I've seen it happen when I blew a fuse on my LED lightbar. After reboot it should be fine but you may have a blown fuse for something else somewhere...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

There is a setting to fix the screen if it looks like that. It needs to be changed from "6-bit" to "8-bit"...

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a setting to fix the screen if it looks like that. It needs to be changed from "6-bit" to "8-bit"...

Yep and SODs are common with an Android platform. Usually caused by a recently downloaded app or wifi timeout. But that pop baffles me.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk