"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok, Rhino Radios finally responded on Messenger. Took them 5 days even though they claim that is the fastest way to contact them.

Of course I asked them two questions and they only answered the newest one.

Here is hoping my head unit ships soon.

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the t mobile sync up drive and I love it I get 6 gigs a month and I have never used it all, I like the trouble codes it shows so when your working on things in wiring it helps, also that you can take it out of your truck throw it in the wife's car and ready for road trip just make sure you shut the speed limit settings of or your phone will never stop going off

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone found a microphone that works with the fastboot radio? I gave up on the current one . I have CarPlay but didn’t buy the one with the mic as I didn’t know there was one at the time . Would like to find one I can mount similarly to the stock mic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone found a microphone that works with the fastboot radio? I gave up on the current one . I have CarPlay but didn’t buy the one with the mic as I didn’t know there was one at the time . Would like to find one I can mount similarly to the stock mic .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope but I'm interested in this answer too. I tried one and it wouldn't work. I'm not sure if the cable was too long or if the microphone was just incompatible...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Aprim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If Linkswell is the only one with the microphone add-on I might have to go that route. They also say the remote start will work and start the last known settings when the car starts. They are def overpriced but they say that they are working on a upgrade and XM integration with Sirus. Wonder if there are any sales going on lol.

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If Linkswell is the only one with the microphone add-on I might have to go that route. They also say the remote start will work and start the last known settings when the car starts. They are def overpriced but they say that they are working on a upgrade and XM integration with Sirus. Wonder if there are any sales going on lol.
I have the auto air option and it works like it use to with factory remote start even the heated cooled seats come on like they use too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's your money, just know you are paying hundreds more for about $5 in parts on an older version of this radio (take a look at the OP's instructions to replace the microphone at the start of this thread)... otherwise you are buying the exact same product as everyone else (with arguably better service)...
I have the auto air option and it works like it use to with factory remote start even the heated cooled seats come on like they use too.

And yours is not from Linkswell correct?

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No refrub from Phoenix. Linkswell is the same unit as the Chinese with maybe better support. I can hardly recommend the cheap version never mind one that's twice as much. It works but it has its bugs.

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
I need HELP! So my air conditioning got stuck. Like this video
Everything worked fine for 1yr and now that it’s HOT I can’t turn it on anymore. It says it’s ON but I can’t change any settings.....now it says it’s OFF lol. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks !

Here is unit info....anyone have an older software version so I can reinstall it? How do I do a hard reset......I pressed the reset in front of unit and the reset in the settings but after the reset, everything was same as before.....any way to reset everything to factory ?
0-A33754-A-21-D0-4894-86-B3-5-B6-A2681-CA81.jpg

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I need HELP! So my air conditioning got stuck. Like this video
Everything worked fine for 1yr and now that it’s HOT I can’t turn it on anymore. It says it’s ON but I can’t change any settings.....now it says it’s OFF lol. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks !

Here is unit info....anyone have an older software version so I can reinstall it? How do I do a hard reset......I pressed the reset in front of unit and the reset in the settings but after the reset, everything was same as before.....any way to reset everything to factory ?
0-A33754-A-21-D0-4894-86-B3-5-B6-A2681-CA81.jpg
Did you recently have any work performed by a dealer? A recall perhaps?

Edit:. I just saw you asked the question on XDA too. Just answer over there if you wouldn't mind since it appears you don't have a Ram Truck.

It makes things less confusing...

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
Did you recently have any work performed by a dealer? A recall perhaps?

Edit:. I just saw you asked the question on XDA too. Just answer over there if you wouldn't mind since it appears you don't have a Ram Truck.

It makes things less confusing...

No recent dealer work. It worked fine until a few days ago....just got stuck on the ON position....now it says ON but nothing works.

I tried resetting, I tried reinstalling old firmware.....nothing works. I think this happened once before and it got resolved on its own....but it’s been days now so I’m getting worried.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No recent dealer work. It worked fine until a few days ago....just got stuck on the ON position....now it says ON but nothing works.

I tried resetting, I tried reinstalling old firmware.....nothing works.
What make/model is your vehicle?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's a stab in the dark, but I'm guessing your CANBUS module may be similar to the RAMs since they come similarly equipped from the factory. You can set your Car type properly and then set your CANBUS protocol to this (note: yours will look different but you should see similar options in the settings menu.)

3ce0342e60d686ca526ffa87389987c2.jpg

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
It's a stab in the dark, but I'm guessing your CANBUS module may be similar to the RAMs since they come similarly equipped from the factory. You can set your Car type properly and then set your CANBUS protocol to this (note: yours will look different but you should see similar options in the settings menu.)

3ce0342e60d686ca526ffa87389987c2.jpg

I tried changing every setting. Nothing. Air conditioning says it’s ON but it’s really not. This thing has a mind of its own. Any way to refresh the air conditioning interface? Thanks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did you reset the radio after each change? If not try doing so using the reset pinhole button. In addition, make sure these two settings are set to "38400"...bb5d7a53f67511c349822835eeebbd36.jpg

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
Did you reset the radio after each change? If not try doing so using the reset pinhole button. In addition, make sure these two settings are set to "38400"...bb5d7a53f67511c349822835eeebbd36.jpg

Yes and Yes. Same. I’ll pull the unit out tomorrow and see if there are any loose wires. Maybe reinstall my oem unit and see if air conditioning actually works

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
An update on my Rhino Radios order. My head unit shipped today. Which is within the 3-5 business day window. I paid for the express shipping so I should receive the head unit in other 3-5 days.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes and Yes. Same. I’ll pull the unit out tomorrow and see if there are any loose wires. Maybe reinstall my oem unit and see if air conditioning actually works
Sounds good, from the system information screen, it looks like the CANBUS module that comes with the radio is communicating with the radio itself. Installing the factory one is a good idea.

Dani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V23
Sounds good, from the system information screen, it looks like the CANBUS module that comes with the radio is communicating with the radio itself. Installing the factory one is a good idea.

FIXED IT! Took it apart, reinstalled oem unit, A/C worked. Reinstalled back in.....the hazard lights didn’t work, same ac issue. So I checked all the connections and the air conditioning connector has those tiny wires almost popped out. So I pushed the wires back into the connector and connected the plug into the unit and ALL WORKS now. Thanks for quick replies!