"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Man ive been following this for almost two years, made an account to ask a few questions back in feb. and i am still on the fence about this. i dont know if i should pull the trigger or not. haha
Preach! I've been kicking around the different brands and or upgrading to a more premium stock radio.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man ive been following this for almost two years, made an account to ask a few questions back in feb. and i am still on the fence about this. i dont know if i should pull the trigger or not. haha

If I had to do it again I would get a better quality radio . Way to many issues with this one unless your one of the lucky ones .
With help from everyone in here mine is at least useable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Preach! I've been kicking around the different brands and or upgrading to a more premium stock radio.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah thats where i'm at just still unsure I will probably look more into the Joying line of radios.

If I had to do it again I would get a better quality radio . Way to many issues with this one unless your one of the lucky ones .
With help from everyone in here mine is at least useable .

Im pretty tech savvy so i feel i could work out most issue i would have... but with cheap Chinese stuff you never know... plus this is the only real support line out here for this radio

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah thats where i'm at just still unsure I will probably look more into the Joying line of radios.

Im pretty tech savvy so i feel i could work out most issue i would have... but with cheap Chinese stuff you never know... plus this is the only real support line out here for this radio

I do IT for a living but some things on this radio I just can’t fix . For instance the ac displays 48 no matter what except for lo 73 77 91 and high , anywhere else in between that always is 48.

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I do IT for a living but some things on this radio I just can’t fix . For instance the ac displays 48 no matter what except for lo 73 77 91 and high , anywhere else in between that always is 48.

Ya i don't do that much but i'm pretty good at self tinkering but when i mess something up i revert to the good ol' youtube to fix it but for this I cant really do that.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya i don't do that much but i'm pretty good at self tinkering but when i mess something up i revert to the good ol' youtube to fix it but for this I cant really do that.

There is a lot of great help here if you run into something .

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Now that I'm digging through code, I may be able to find this stuff and fix it. It may be as simple as sharing a modified APK with you.

I think I found the compass settings fix but I don't have the problem so I can't test.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Now that I'm digging through code, I may be able to find this stuff and fix it. It may be as simple as sharing a modified APK with you.

I think I found the compass settings fix but I don't have the problem so I can't test.

I will owe you big time if you can fix this

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
There is a lot of great help here if you run into something .

Yes, dont get me wrong the folks here are great but if i brick it and cant pull info from it kinda screwed haha

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes, dont get me wrong the folks here are great but if i brick it and cant pull info from it kinda screwed haha
If it makes you feel better I've had only 1 hard brick and countless soft-bricks (the latest of which was this morning)...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ahh ok thats what i would be worried about was the turn around time bad?
It was non existent. I got a refund on a 7.1.1 core board upgrade and they stopped selling them as far as I can tell.

SteveLabus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Figured out a little more to completely remove the Chinese UI (it's running but hidden). With Automagic I can remove the bars and make custom buttons for the apps that I need. Car Launcher Pro lets me place the buttons as widgets on screen (bottom left 3 icons in order 1. Hide UI 2. Vehicle Settings 3. HVAC)

b8a4ab33150ba6466fb1fa31f340607d.jpg

7549ab509e05d943e2443839e4594ecd.jpg

6c804c083a93660c1cfcd47d996428ea.jpg

Would this work on a PX6 unit?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks. Shi**y buzz for me I guess.
I'm sure someone will get root on the PX6. Then it will just be a matter of finding the things to change and they remained largely the same between versions so far...